Chapter 29 - save it

~Natsu's POV~

I slammed my head repeatedly on my table. "I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot..." I continued to say.

How could I not trust Lucy? She means everything to me. I heard my mother open my room door. "Dear, is there something wrong?" my mom asked worriedly.

I hung my head low and she went to sit on bed. "Tell me," she whispered soft. I went to her side and embraced her strong.

I let out some heavy breaths. I calmed after a half hour and explained the story. My mother often stroked my hair. "I lost her, because of my stupidity," I said, my voice raspy.

"Don't cry. It is going to be okay. Not now, but it will," she said. I nodded, just so she would leave. I don't want company, I want to be alone.

The next day I still went to school. I was in a gloomy mood. I did not even fight back when Gray insulted me. The boys arrived and I told them the story.

Gray and Gajeel where laughing so much. "I can't believe Salamander is upset bacause of a girl," Gajeel said still laughing. Laxus smacked him on the head and Jellal kicked Gray.

Then I stood slowly straightly up. My eyes were coverd by my bangs. I tightened the grip on the strap of my backpack.

"Look, Natsu. So—" Gray said and I interrupted him.

"Save it. I need time alone," I said my voice zero emotion. I went to the hallway of the school. I walked back and forth, trying to empty my head.

I reached almost the end of the hallway. I stood still, seeing what is in front of me.

It was Lucy, she also stopped in her tracks. I was the first one to walk again. I went to her, each step I took was with hestitation.

Lucy didn't react. I softly caressed her cheek. "How can I make it up?" I asked soft. She moved her head away from my hand. She didn't give me an answer.

"Please...I want you back," I begged. She closed her eyes and later opened them again.

"Work on your insecurities, that meaning also the fear of betrayal," she whispered softly yet there was sadness in her voice. Then she walked away. I was left alone in the hallway. I went to my next lesson, where Lucy is of course.

I didn't listen even I single bit. Lunch soon came and the boys went to sit with the girls. There came a boy to Lucy. The whole cafetaria became silence.

Drama queens.

They followed the boy with their eyes. "Hey. Can we go out sometimes?" he asked, not even caring that everybody was watching him.

But what most shocked everyone was that I didn't step in. I wanted to do it so badly, but she wasn't mine anymore.

"No, I'm sorry," Lucy declined polite the offer. I was somewhere relieved, even after knowing she would refuse anyway. "Is it because of Dragneel? Just dumb him already," he said, his head tilting.

Lucy wanted to say something, but I was already standing behind him. He turned around, not even scared.

"Listen here boy. You don't have the right to decide what Luce is going to do, and you certainly have not the right to talk about me that way. Lucy and I are on a break for your information... but that doesn't mean you can hurt her," I spat. Shit, why did I openly announce she's almost single?

The whole cafeteria gasped, not believing that we are on a break. The boy's eyes widened too, not expecting it.

Then there came many girls to me, probably gonna ask me out, now that I am free. An to Lucy came many boys.

"Look! We maybe are on a break, but we don't want another relationship yet. Natsu still holds a special place in my heart, and no one can compare to that," a soft yet strong voice said.

Lucy said that, I blushed. I am still special to her, and she will always be special to me. Lucy still has the power of the school. All the pupils went away, even the girls. I went to her, "Looks like you inherit the power of the almighty Natsu Dragneel," I said smirking.

I saw her blushing, I knew it. I smiled, knowing that I still have a chance.

"Mr. ego," Lucy mumbled. I chuckled and went to swung my arm over her shoulder. "Are you free tonight? I want to hang out with you, friendly. Though not for long," I said.

She tought for a moment and then agreed. "Nine pm, the beach."

I nodded and we went separate ways.

It was 9 pm and here I was waiting for Luce on the beach. I saw her running to me, smiling.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked. She smirked and grabbed my hand, I was confused, but didn't struggle.

We were walking to the water. Then she swung me in. I lost my balance and fell in the water. I swam above water and picked her bridal style.

"Natsu Dragneel, let me go," Lucy said. I smirked, we were already above water. "All right," I said and dropped her.

She was now wet too. We played in the water for a long time. Lucy always made a way to make me laugh. That alone makes me want her to be mine again.

She said earlier that I have to get over my insecurities. I can't do it yet.

"Lucy?" I said.

she looked at me and smiled. "Yeah, Natsu?"

"Do you want to go in another relationship with another boy?" I asked. She answered immediately.

"No, I don't want it. I'll wait for you, till you are ready," she said with no hestitation. My heart beated fast.

I flashed her a toothy grin,

"Wait for me then."

_________________________

Short chapter, I know.

Cringy book, I know.