Chapter 20 - turn off

~Natsu's POV~

I was chilling with the boys. We played games, eating stuff and fought most of the time. I was lying on the couch, Gray hanging on a chair, Gajeel on the ground, Laxus on a chair too and Jellal sitting on the table.

It was Wednesday and I can't wait to make Lucy mine. But the only problem is, I don't know how.

"Hey guys? Can I ask you a question?" I asked, my face getting a little heated. Since we've been friends I've never asked questions about girls.

"You already asked, Flame Brain, but go on," Metal head said.

"I want to ask Lucy out on a date, anyone knows how?" To my expectation Gray and Gajeel laughed.

Assholes.

"Guys..." Laxus began in a dark tone. "Shut the fuck up," Jellal finished it for him.

Laxus is one thing, but with Jellal, it's the same when Erza is angry.

Scary for sure.

"Don't mind them Natsu, they are jealous cause you have the guts to admit you like someone," Jellal said and smiled, glad there is still someone who wants to help me.

I was so shocked to hear he was dating Erza, but it made perfect sense. They cancel each other out.

"But I am not falling for someone." they both said in unison. I snorted. Didn't Gray have a thing for Juvia? He even said so on the school trip. Or the blue haired girl, Levy?

"Seriously? What about Juvia or Levy?" Laxus said with a tiny smirk on his face.

They went quiet with tiny blushes. "Well...?" I asked raising my eyebrow, changing the topic to my question earlier.

"Just buy some flowers, chocolates and surprise her, then ask her on a date, or..." Jellal said, trailing. A tiny smirk grew on his face. Do girls still appreciate that?

"...or you're gonna surprise her with a song for example," Laxus finished. Seriously, they have perfect harmony.

I chuckled, I could imagine it, myself singing.....

NEVER!!

"Thanks Jellal, no thanks Laxus," I said and Laxus chuckled.

Then I threw Gajeel a smirk, and chucked my head at him. "Isn't that something for you?"

"What?" Gajeel sneered, crossing his arms.

I leaned back, the end of my lip tugging more upwards. "Singing a serenade for Levy? Singing is your best skill."

He gave me the finger and scowled.

I laughed, and we played some more games. It was getting late so I headed home.

"Hey mum, dad," I said shortly and ran to my bedroom. I sat on my king sized bed with red pillows and a black blanket.

I think I'm going to buy some flowers and convince her to go on a date with me.

"NATSU DRAGNEEL, IF YOU DON'T GET UP, I WILL CALL ERZA," my mom said. I immediately jumped out my bed and looked at my mom. "Don't you dare call her," I said and she smirked. Why does she always have to do that?

"Then get up and go to school," she said and left. I changed and went to school. I was greeted by Luce. I hugged her and she hugged back. I did an arm around her shoulder and we went to walk.

Then there came a girl to me, so I let go of Lucy.

"Hey Natsu, want to have some fun," she said seductively in my ear, atleast she tried to. Bro, I don't even know her.

I saw Lucy biting her lip and glaring at her. Was she jealous? That thought brought excitement. I was woken from my thoughts by the same girl.

"Come on, babe," she purred. She leaned forward, almost pushing her boobs against my chest. In the past, I would smirk and go along with it, you know, my playboy side. Or just the side that wanted to forget shit. But now, it was just a big turn off.

How did I ever find this sexy? Maybe it just has to be done by the right person. Immediately I imagined Lucy doing it.

Oh, yeah, that's sexy.

I almost had a boner just thinking about it. I shook my head and shoved the girl away. "No, thanks," I said trying to reject her offer somewhere kindly, but it came out heartless.

I grabbed Lucy's hand and went to the classroom. She still looked moody, it really bugged me.

I caressed her cheek, lifting her head up. Her eyes showed conflict, but I didn't know from what. Deciding not to ask, cause maybe she was going to be sadder.

"Luce...," I said sternly to her. She froze from the sudden tone of my voice. "I want to see the cheerful Lucy I know. So show that wide smile of yours so I can smile too," I said.

I didn't get the smile I wanted. She showed me a fake smile, it could not go unnoticed by me. I frowned and hugged her. I whispered sweet things in her ear.

"Please Lucy, I want to see you smile. I like...no love your smile. Even if it's a tiny one, I want a real smile. Don't forget you're the one who turned me to my old self. I love you for that," I said.

I was thinking, doesn't a boyfriend have to say that, instead of a best friend? Nah, she will soon be my girlfriend, so it doesn't matter now.

I let go of the hug and Lucy smiled a little smile, I smiled too from her beautiful smile. I didn't know but all of our friends were standing there. My face flushed, I never said something like that before. I threw an arm over her shoulder and looked away.

"Thank you for wanting to change," Lucy whispered to me. "And for making me feel important." I turned to look at her, in her beautiful brown eyes. "You'll always be important to me from now on, remember that," I said.

Her eyes softened. "I forgive you," she whispered.

My heart beat loudly after hearing those three words I wasn't supposed to hear them for a while.

~Mira's POV~

"Psshh...Laxus, come," I said to my boyfriend. He walked over and talked back. "Hey, Mira. What do you need?" he asked after giving me a quick peck.

"I want NaLu to happen. So could you figure out if Natsu likes Lucy, while I am trying to find of Lucy likes Natsu?" I said. He just sighed at my crazy obsessions about my ships.

"You need to stop and mind your own business," Laxus said. As response I pouted. "Please, do it for me and I will never ask you again about my ships," I said, putting on puppy dogs eyes no one can resist.

Nalu has to sail. They just have that connection. And after the trip, it looks like their relationship made progress.

He sighed, defeated. "Fine, I have already the answer. Natsu likes Lucy, he is trying to ask her on a date. So let's just see how it goes."

I widened my eyes, surprised. Natsu acknowledged his feelings already, seems like I don't have to make that happen. They can do it by themselves. I was glad, but at the same time sad. I haven't gotten from nowhere the nickname 'devil-matchmaker'. Mostly glad though.

I went the class and sat down. I saw Natsu looking all the time at Lucy and when she looked at him he turned away. Both blushing. I gave out a happy sigh.

Love, it's the most wonderful gift after friendship...