Chapter 3 - I'm still here

~Lucy's POV~

A week passed by and Natsu hasn't talked to me. I'm not scared of Natsu, but I'm careful. I don't want to be an outcast so soon. Now I have math from Ms. Vermillion. She's very short, cute and kind. "Alright, that was it for today. Remember to do your assignment for tomorrow," Ms. Vermillion said.

I packed my stuff and went to the library. I let my hands trail after every book cover. In my free time, you will always see me reading. Library is like heaven for me. Enough books for me to read for forever.

I found a nice book to read. It was a romance book, my favorite.

I've read the first chapter till Natsu walked in. I scowled a little bit but returned to my book.

"What are you doing?" Natsu asked, with his hands nonchalantly in his pockets. He was leaning against a wall. I ignored him, he could be talking to someone else.

"I'm talking to you, Lucy," I heard him say again.

"Reading a book, isn't it obvious?"

"No need to be rude, Heartfilia." After that Natsu smirked.

My heart sped up and my eyes widened. How did he know my last name? I hoped he hasn't m spread it. I was lost in thoughts until he stood in front of me. He was a lot more intimidating when I was sitting, but in no way I would direct my glance somewhere else.

"How do you know my last name?" I demanded. Nobody can know about it, well, only a few. Only the ones that I trust.

"Dont worry I'm not gonna spread it, if you be nice. I just want an answer, why hide it?" I sighed relieved. It was rich of him to respect my privacy.

I didn't know how to answer it. He never knows how it feels, to be betrayed by the ones you trust.

Wait, now I'm judgemental. Maybe he does, but still...

"Because," I shot back. He looked annoyed at my respond, but shrugged eventually.

He tilted his head, scanning me, trying to analyse me. Can't say I didn't have goosebumps. C'mon, a guy checks you out, no matter the reason, we're gonna get insecure eventually.

Then he walked the library out, but before he was gone he turned around. "I'm not playing a game Lucy. Don't get on my bad side."

I was beyond pissed now. I stormed the library out and searched for Levy. We had spare next, because the teacher is not present. That's why I was in the library the first place.

I found her and she was with our friends. I dragged her to a empty room.

"You are not gonna believe what Natsu said," I began, tugging at my hair.

I told her the story with everything in it, including my last name and why I hide it. That's my problem, that is the only reason why I hide it. They betrayed my trust. So I promised to only get real friends.

"Lucy, are you scared of him?" Levy looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"I don't think so, he only works on my nerves," I responded, still pissed. Why does he think he is on top of the school? He's not above anyone.

"You should be careful. Natsu doesn't make jokes. He has the power in school to seriously mess with you. He has done it before," Levy said.

She explained something about a girl called him names repeatedly. It was only a week later and she transferred schools already.

Well guess what? I'm still here and a week has gone by.

"Okay, I'm gonna be careful." With that Levy walked away, she had to leave early. I was a little worried now, but if he starts to bully me, I won't break down easily. He has to have a hard past or something.

You aren't born bad, not if something happened. It's not like you suddenly just say 'I fucking hate everyone so I need to cold'.

~Natsu's POV~

I was searching in the school's documents. Lucy had to have a secret and I am gonna find it out. Some teachers are dumb, letting the room door open.

I found the file and Lucy's real surname is Heartfilia not Heart. She's from one of the richest families in the country, why hide it in those simple clothes?

She would have her own reason for that. I walked out the room, where I wasn't allowed to enter in the first place.

I saw her in the library and a plan plops into my mind. I leaned nonchalantly against the wall, studying her.

She noticed me, and her face turned into a scowl.

Cute.

She turned back to her book. She actually reads those useless romance books. "What are you doing?"

"No need to be rude, Heartfilia."

I saw the surprised look on her face. But also anticipation. I felt satisfied and later walked away. I walked through the hallways of the school.

I met with my frenemy Gray Fullbuster. I know him since I was little. I don't know why, but he has a stripping habit. Without even knowing when he strips.

I mean, how can you not notice?

"Yo popsicle." We have names for each other, no idea where it started. But apparently we are opposites. He likes the cold while I like the warmth. He even looks cold with I look hot.

"Yo flame brain," Gray said. He was flirting with a girl named Julia or something like that. Blue hair, blue eyes, love eyes.

The girl walked away with hearts in her eyes. Gray isn't a playboy, nor a bad boy. But he still likes to do pranks on me.

Gray chuckled and saw how the girl walked away. He turned to me and we did a bro fist. "We are going to eat lunch with her friends tomorrow."

"You kidding? Don't wanna," I said irritated. I know she is friends with the red haired demon, aka Erza. I have known her since I was a kid. She's a good person, but we kinda grew apart. She doesn't know why I turned out to be this way, and to be honest, I didn't know either.

It just happened after the heartbreak. I didn't care anymore if I hurt someone's feeling. I just felt like surviving all the time.

"Or I will get Laxus for you." Popsicle smirked playfully. Fuck him.

"Okay, I'll come," I scowled. Laxus is the boyfriend of Mirajane, I think. You don't want to mess with him, but he is less scary than Erza. He has yellow hair and a thunder shaped scar on his face. Oh, and he is the grandson of the principal.

We headed to our last lesson. I didn't pay attention, it was boring. I saw Lucy focusing on the bord, but something on her face tells me that she is pissed. Another point for the almighty Dragneel, I smirked.

Once again, cringe.

~Lucy's POV~

I was now home in my bedroom and on the website of FTH. I looked through the pictures and can't help but stare at one. It was Natsu playing basketball with his friends. I can't ignore it, he's hot. He was muscular and he rocks his pink hair.

I never saw a boy with pink hair, and if you told me last month I would meet one, I would laugh, because he'd probably look weird.

Yeah, nope.

I did my homework and went straight to bed. I was scrolling through social media, rolling my eyes often. I don't understand some people feeling the need to show off everything, or put on some face like a model.

Nobody needs to know your brother died, no one. It's between you and your brother. You are just straight asking for pity. Really, your personal life should always be private. To me, at least. People could think otherwise.

And please, I don't need to see people pulling their lips a little part, trying to look sexy. A smile is way more prettier, if you get what I mean. Once again, to me at least.

I got a message from an unknown number.

'Stay away from Natsu, he is mine!!!!' It said. Who the heck is this? No need to get wild with the exclamation marks.

And why do I even want to be with Natsu? He only gets in my way.

_______________________

Writing is so much more fun than I thought it would be :))