Chapter 22 - What? No

~Natsu's POV~

"I..." dammit, I stuttered. Gosh, from the outside I may look calm, but on the inside I'm pacing back and forth.

Lucy raised her eyebrow. "Well?" she drawled.

"I wanted to give you these flowers," I said quickly, giving it to her.

She tilted her head but accepted the flowers nonetheless.

"And... do you want to go on a date with me?" I said nervously. It is actually the first time I was asking someone out.

Normally the girl and I had a silent agreement it was just a one night stand. I didn't want her to be that at all.

She didn't answer, so I took it as a 'no'. My face fell in disappointment. I went to turn around and walked away, but she firmly grabbed my arm. I looked her in the eyes.

"I didn't say no, did I? I would love to go on a date with you." She smiled genuinely.

My face brighted up in a second. I embraced her, lifting her up in the sky turning around.

"I'll pick you up around 7 pm. Better be ready," I said, and damn you could hear the relief. Feelings make you such a coward.

She nodded and we waved goodbye.

I walked to the town with my face red. I can't believe I actually asked her out. But...do I deserve her?

~Lucy's POV~

After we waved goodbye I was blushing madly. Natsu Dragneel asked me. I was so... surprised. At first I couldn't process what he said.

How big are the odds that your crush likes you back? And I knew Natsu isn't playing with me.

I called Levy.

"Hi Levy, guess what!"

"What?" Argh, those people. When I say 'guess' you have to guess!

"Natsu asked me out on a date," I almost shouted. I heard a gasp.

"No way," she screamed, then she took a pause. "Do you know for sure he changed? Habits are hard to break," she reminded.

Habits, habits, habits.

"Yes. I trust him."

"Be there in 5 minutes," she said and ended the call.

I groaned, throwing my phone on the bed. I don't want to try to look gorgeous for a date, I don't want ton of make-up on my face. Then again, I do want to look good.

The bell rang and I closed my diary. I walked downstairs opening the door. And guess what, all the girls were there.

"So I heard Natsu asked you. How come you didn't involve me?" Mira said disappointedly, but mostly menacingly. I looked at Levy who was laughing awkwardly.

"We are friends, right? They have to know," Levy defended and I inwardly groaned. I let the girls inside and I wanted to close the door, but Wendy came from nowhere and walked inside too.

I shrugged and went to the living room where everyone was. "Hey Wendy! What are you doing here?" Erza said, chatting with someone on the phone.

"I heard Natsu asked Lucy out, so I want to help by the date," she said innocently. I threw Levy a look.

"Levy. Who. Else. Knows?" I said and she laughed again. "Well...I told the girls and Mira told the whole school," she said, putting her hands in defence.

A thick mark appeared on my head. 3...2...1..."WHAT?!" I screamed on top of my lungs.

The girls giggled while I rubbed my head out of frustation.