Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

I let out a very unattractive yawn as I stared at the huge mansion's door with a boring look.

"Behave" Adham hissed. I glared at him and huffed.

Not every person can have a smile on their face after being woken up at 5 in the morning. Besides, I had a terrible night too.

I rose up my eyebrows as I stated the facts to myself like a lunatic.

I rest my case.

The door opened and I instantly smacked a fake smile on my face which probably looked constipated.

The same old lady greeted us with a smile, then her eyes landed on me. She looked concerned now.

"Are you alright dear?" she asked with a frown. I nodded and sighed as I peeked at Adham who was glaring at me. I turned my face away with a scowl.

Adham cleared his throat. "I apologize for her behavior, miss. She didn't have a good morning today" he apologized as my eyes widen like saucer.

Damnn Adham being modest. He must really take this whole thing serious then.

"Oh!" the old lady's eyes widen. "It's alright" her voice came out a little bit too squeaky for my liking. Probably had just got paranoid with Adham or something.

"C-Come in" she gestured inside. "The mehshoufs have been waiting for you." She talked as we invited ourselves into the grand interior.

Ahh.. we meet again.

"Welcome home Blaire!" I jumped a little bit startled from the voice that came out of no where.

I looked to my side to see Adham gazing upwards. I mimicked him and found myself staring at none other than, Marshal mehouf himself. He grinned.

Well, there he is looking like Satan, ready to take my life, except, he is above me.

He slowly walked down the huge stairs not once breaking eye contact with me.

Is it just me, or has my life drastically changed into cliché iconic movie?

Huh.

"I see you have come along" Marshall directed it to Adham to which he shrugged.

"Well, your job here is done. I'll have Blaire in my possession from now on. And I give my word to take care of here like a father would to her daughter"

I scoffed. Trust me. The last thing I want is you to act like a father I know.

I plastered a fake smile. "I'm sorry. But I fell really exhausted from the long journey. Do you mind If I take a quick nap? I would really appreciate it if you show me my room." I said quickly.

Marshall smirked. "Why not?" he said. "I'll have Israel escort you to your room immediately. And don't worry about the bags. I'll have my men deliver it to your room in one piece" he offered.

I nodded and sighed. "yes please" I said even though I inwardly frowned about Israel showing my room.

"Hey dad" a familiar profound voice greeted.

Ah... speak of the devil.

Marshall turned to face him. "Hello son" his eyebrows rose up. "take this young lady here to her room" he said as he nodded his head in the direction of my presence.

Israel nodded, "sure. Come on" he nodded his head toward the way he came from while looking at me.

I sighed and looked at Adham to see his eyes on me. I pursed my lips together. He turned his gaze somewhere else.