Chapter 41

CHAPTER 41

I gazed back at the inanimate eyes that held an evasive fear behind them. Her face was adorned with beauty products, almost as if she was ready to seduce a rich heir.

Her hair was held away from her face in an elegant loose bun, with a strand or two escaping the tie as it fell gracefully around her face.

Her tempting neck seemed to be exposed by the low cut black dress. Much to her dismay.

Although her look was quite bold, I could see right through her form, as her coward instinct sat there in the corner curled in a ball, stressing herself with what might be held in the uncertain future.

I titled my head and smirked at her. I knew her secrets. She couldn't hide anything from me.

 And just when I felt I had the upper hand in our relationship, something quite distressing clashed against my chest as I realized with a grasp, that the girl I thought I had just judged and started right back at, was none other than.... me.

I dropped my gaze to my fiddling fingers away from the mirror and heaved a sigh. I pursed my lips and told myself not to mess this up. I can't mess this up. Too many lives are at stake. Mine included.

I lifted my head up and ended up making eye contact with Tara who was fixing my hair with a concerned look on her face.

She knew.

I sadly smiled at her and shook my head slightly and dropped back my gaze.

"Are you sure?" She asked which bought back my attention to her. I inhaled sharply and shrugged.

"I don't know." I replied in a hesitant whisper. I let out another shaky breath and stood up from my dressing chair and walked past Tara.

"Be safe." her soothing sound reverberated through the room. I nodded weakly and pushed down the handle and walked past the hallway.

I continued to head towards the main door but was rudely interrupted by someone when they blocked my way and stood right in front of me.

He cleared throat.

I bit my lip and meet my gaze with the elevated ones of Adham's. He looked down at me with a blank face.

"Don't you dare try to do anything funny. Or you will pay for it. I won't be very nice." he hissed in my face. Although he intended to threaten me, I did see a small trace of concern that hid behind that voice.

I smirked. "Sure. We wouldn't want him to be disappointed." I said calmly and brushed past him to the car waiting outside.

I closed the door of the car with a furious force and heaved a sigh with my arms crossed across my chest.

"You look beautiful, darling." a voice from the driver seat greeted.

I rolled my eyes. "Not now Israel, just drive."

He rose his hands defensively. "I'm just trying to lighten up the mood" he mumbled and started the car "It isn't like I'm happy with you being shipped to some random place, away from me." he added.

I watched as he drove out of the driveway into the road. I arched my brow at him. "Well, yea.  If not, then the whining and groaning you have been doing like a cat on labor for the past few days would go unexplained." I retorted and looked outside the window.

"Hey!" He protested and grumbled something inaudible under his breath.

"Alright. Let me brief you about the plan once again." Israel proposed after a couple of minutes.