Epilogue

Not edited.

7 years later.

I peer into the mended grey orbs, where uncertainty managed to seep through in pangs.

I lowered my gaze to the white lace that traveled down on my arms as I watched the pelerine material cuff my wrist in a mesmerizing pattern. I closed my eyes tightly as I felt the thrust of my heavy faux lashes.

I can do this... But, what if I can't?

I slowly opened them back. With a tilted head, I examined any faults on my caked face with products.

I slightly gulped as a bunch of nerves tickled from my abdomen.

"Blaire. Are you alright?" 

I swiveled my head in the direction of the familiar voice and frowned deeply. Sean started back at me with a volunteered guilt.

"Yea..." I breathed out as I watched Sean grow unsteady with every ticking second.

  I heaved a sigh.  

"Sean?"

"Yeah?" His voice came out, laced with uncertainty.

"You gotta chill, Sean. It isn't even your fault."

He shook his head. "I may not be the doctrine cause. But I still have a good part in it."

I pursed my lips before I stood up. I erected my posture and I lifted the long gown precariously before I stepped towards Sean.

He held my face lightly as lines of frowns took over his face. I scowled as I placed my palm oh his chest.

"Stop frowning. You are already ugly. You don't want those lines to stay." 

Mirth danced in Sean's eyes as he looked back at me.

"I can't believe how you manage to crack your lame jokes in a situation like this."

I shrugged and picked up my gown before I stumbled to the window that covered a whole wall. Sean watched me silently as I pressed my palms on its surface as I gazed at the dusk.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I commented at the view. Sean strutted across the room and halted by my side.

"Indeed." He agreed. We stayed in comfortable silence before Sean had better ideas.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" enquired his voice laced with nervousness. I stayed rooted in my place as the pregnant pause developed.

I turned around and watched as he wiped away his sweat with his napkin and stuffed it back in my pocket of his well-groomed suit.

"Yeah," I replied. "It isn't like I have another choice," I spoke softly. 

Sean shook his head with convicted disagreement.

"You do." He contradicted. "It still isn't late. You can always back out."

I shook my head. "With the dozen of cameras and half a hundred guards? I don't think so."

He sighed. "I could call Calvin, and-"

"It's alright, Sean." I cut him off. "Really. I can't get out of this now. In fact, I couldn't have gotten out of this ever since the beginning."

"It isn't your fault that my life turns out shitty every time. It's like I fight this huge battle and finally, when I think I could live properly when everything is still for a while, Something new shows up like 'hey bitch! I'm here to fuck up your life this time.'" I mimicked a voice.