Chapter 7 He deserved this

Mugman managed to convince Cuphead to go down and have dinner to which Cuphead reluctantly agreed. During dinner as the three ate Elder Kettle asked Mugman how the little club he was in doing to which the bubbly mug replied.

"It's doing great, we'll be making posters tomorrow as fund raisers for the school.." Mugman said.

"That's wonderful news." Elder Kettle replied.

Mugman smiled and chuckled as he beamed with happiness. Cuphead watched the two talked and stayed quiet as he listened carefully to their conversations and was snapped out of his daze as Elder Kettle noticed that Cuphead hardly touched his food.

"Cuphead? Is something wrong?" Elder Kettle asked.

Cuphead looked up at his grandfather.

"H-huh?"

"You barely touched your food." The wise Kettle said.

Cuphead looked down and seemed a little nervous.

"O-oh I'm f-fine I just was in th-thought." Cuphead said as he popped some of the food into his mouth.

Mugman seemed to stare at Cuphead as if trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Cuphead tried to make it seem like it was no big deal but Mugman already knew what was happening and Cuphead was surprised that he didn't say anything and was grateful for it.

After dinner Cuphead headed to his room to retire for the night; Mugman followed suit. He had mentioned that he wanted to wake up early and get a head-start on making those posters and putting them up around school. Cuphead stared at Mugman from afar as he messaged some of his friends, then the red cup headed to the bathroom.

He locked the door, making sure that no one was hearing him Cuphead turned the sink on to drown out all the disgusting noises that he would soon make. Cuphead opened his mouth and shoved his index finger into his throat forcing him to vomit up the food he had just ate a while ago.

This was his punishment, he deserved this. He deserves to be in pain. He wasn't worth anything to anyone, he was completely trash, worthless and horrible...he hated himself . But he deserved this! He deserved to suffer for not being the grandchild Elder Kettle had hoped for, for not being as good as Mugman; having friends that cared for him and looked up to him. For having haphephobia , having to feel those awful sickening sensations when someone touched him. It was horrible.

But he deserved it.

Cuphead sobbed softly as he finished throwing up. But oh no he wasn't done punishing himself. Right after he flushed the toilet to get rid of the evidence he took out a razor blade and began cutting a bit. Crimson blood sprained his porcelain white wrists as he finished with his cutting and grabbed some bandages to conceal and hide the marks.

Cuphead then proceeded to head back to his room and sleep for the rest of the night. Sleep always felt nice when he was done punishing himself. It was the very thing that could make him forget all the bad things, even if it was just for a moment, it was still nice.