Chapter 18 Lucy

The mall had a few handfuls of people bustling around, wheaten it was at a coffee shop the clothing store or that place that smelled good but Cuphead didn't know the name due to the store name being French.

"Look! There it is." Cala Maria said.

Mugman and Cuphead turned their heads to see a smoothly stand with tables that were decorated with tropical decor.

Smoothy Paradise.

That's what the name of the store said as Cuphead read it to himself.

"So this is the place?" Mugman asked.

Cala Maria nodded.

"C'mon let's order." She said.

Mugman nodded and the three headed up to the counter where a cheery girl stood smiling and wearing a yellow uniform with white pants.

"Hello welcome to smoothy paradise how may I help you?" She smiled.

"Can we look at the orders just for a sec?"said the mermaid.

"Of course I'll be back in just a moment." the girl said

There were many favors to choose from, Berry Blast, Watermelon, Tropical Kiwi-Strawberry. You name it. The girl then came back still smiling cheerfully.

"Have you made your decision yet?" She asked.

"Yes we have." Cala Maria said.

"Great what would you like to order?" The girl said.

Cala Maria went first.

"I'll have the tropical orange sunrise."

Mugman went next.

"I'll have the blueberry blast."

Finally it was Cuphead's turn.

"I-I'll have the s-strawberry lemonade

s-starburst." Cuphead said.

"Alrighty coming right up." The girl said as she headed to make the frozen treats.

As she left Cala Maria was looking for. Spot to sit and enjoy their treats. Cala found one decorated in tropical decor. Once the smoothies were made Mugman got up to go get them. Cala Maria and Mugman as well as Cuphead enjoyed their smoothies. Mugman and Cala began talking about some dance or party. Cuphead want really paying attention as he sipped on his smoothie and Mugman snapped his younger brother out of his daze.

"Huh?" Cuphead asked.

"Do you wanna come with us to the pet shop?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead looked up at Mugman and nodded as he tossed the empty smoothie into the trash. The small cup followed behind them and the smell of animals assaulted his nose. Mugman and Cala Maria headed over to where the puppies were . It was loud as the puppies yipped and barked with excitement. Cuphead slowly looked around, he didn't care much for dogs or puppies, they had too much energy for him to handle. The young cup slowly walked away and could hear cats softly meow. Of course he want going to buy one, he never intended to. He just liked to look at them.

They looked so fluffy and soft; adorable when they played and so sweet when they were asleep. Cuphead could stare at them all day, it was just...nice. What he hadn't expected was someone to come over near the cats too. Normally lots of customers would go and see the puppies, they were popular. So seeing a girl with long black hair and a black and white long sleeved shirt with a black skirt and black knee socks was out of the ordinary. In a shocking twist the girl spoke to Cuphead. It's usually Cuphead mustering the ability to start a conversation but this girl did it for him.

"Did you come to see the cats too?" She asked.

Cuphead almost choked on his words as he tried to reply back.

"U-um...yeah." Cuphead softly replied.

There was a moment of silence shared between the two. Cuphead hasn't had a girl talk to him before without them making fun of his stutter or clothes or overall just being complete mean girls. This girl was soft spoken, she had pale skin and big pale blue eyes as she spoke to Cuphead.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"O-oh I'm C-Cuphead." The young toon said.

"Wh-what's yours?" He asked her.

"Lucy." The girl said.

Again there was silence between the two.