Ch 51 You got the Job!

"Where were you?"

"I-isle two?" Cuphead answered.

"Isle two? What were you doing there?" Mugman asked.

"I-I was ta-talking to B-Baroness Von B-Bon Bon."Cuphead said.

"Oh?" Mugman said.

Cuphead nodded.

"Y-yeah I w-wanted to te-tell you I g-got the j-job." Cuphead said.

Mugman grinned and called Elder Kettle.

"What is it my boy?" The old kettle asked.

"Cuphead has something great to tell you." Mugman said.

"Well what is it?" Elder Kettle asked.

Cuphead gulped and blushed in embarrassment.

"I-I got a-a job." Cuphead said and rubbed his arm.

Elder Kettle seemed pleased to hear that.

"That's wonderful news Cuphead." Elder a Kettle said.

Cuphead blushed.

"Th-thank you." The small cup said.

Dinner was pretty good and after Cuphead excused himself the small cup headed up to his room and began texting Lucy telling her about the good news.

:Cuphead: Lucy?

:Thatravengirl: Yeah?

:Cuphead: You won't believe this but I got the job.

:Thatravengirl: That's awesome I'm so happ for you.

:Cuphead: Thanks.

:Thatravengirl: Sorry about not coming to school today I was.....busy.

:Cuphead: That's okay will I see you tomorrow?

:Thatravengirl: Most likely yes.

:Cuphead: Yay! :) I'll see you soon I'm suppose to be sleeping.

:Thatravengirl: :) Alright goodnight Cuphead.

:Cuphead: Goodnight Lucy.

As Cuphead laid in bed he eyed the cuts on his wrists and frowned but tried looking on the bright side. Maybe tomorrow would get better.

He was wrong.

He was so very wrong.

When he got on the bus the next day people began staring and whispering about him. The small cup looked away and swallowed hard when they got to school. Cuphead was mortified to see that his locker was vandalized by words of insult scribbled on his locker. Cuphead swallowed hard and looked away, he grabbed his things and headed to his class. He didn't look at anyone. Once he took his seat besides Lucy he began to explain things to her, Lucy as you would have guessed was not happy about the whole centrio . She suggested that they go and explain everything to the guidance counselor to which Cuphead nodded in agreement.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asked him concerned.

"I-I'm scared." Cuphead confessed and Lucy looked at him trying to comfort him.

"It'll be okay, we'll get through this together. " Lucy said.

Cuphead looked at her uneasily but nodded.

"O-okay." He stuttered.

Lucy smiled and the two after most of their classes were done walked down to the lunch room where they were approched by Jennifer again. Her hair was styled in a half up half down hairstyle curled at the very end wearing her costume jacket and pink tank top with a short pencil skirt with her pink lipstick and blue and white eyeshadow. Honestly everything about her just screamed attention seeker and stuck up.

"You!" She pointed at the small cup.

"One of the police officers took Jason away they wanted to talk to him about something." Jennifer said.

"And that's our problem because?" Lucy asked.

Jennifer looked livid.

"Because he's the one who put him in there!" She shrieked mentioning Cuphead.

Cuphead looked away from her feeling tiny pints of anger pole at him.

"Like we said before Jason is lying." Lucy said unfazed.

Jennifer was completely pissed. So she turned away and stormed off texting angrily to her friends as she headed into the lunch room. Cuphead looked up at Lucy.

"Th-thank you." Cuphead stuttered.

Lucy turned to him and her eyes softened.

"Your welcome." She replied.

They young girl and the small cup walked down the hall and into the lunch room where they got lunch or Lucy did and Cuphead waited for her. The two made their way to a desolate table and sat down, lunch today was meatball sub with vegetables canned fruit. Everything looked really...gross. Cuphead looked down and offered her some of his food to which Lucy politely declined.

"It's alright." Lucy said.

"A-are you sure? I-I don't mind." Cuphead told her.

Lucy nodded.

"Yes I'm sure." She told the small cup.

Cuphead looked down again and nodded. After lunch they headed to history and could see that there were a few people whispering about him but luckily Lucy was there to make things not so crappy. After school the two walked home and talked as they walked. It was very nice, it really was but Cuphead still couldn't help but feel hurt. The bullying was still going on and sadly it was somewhat getting to him. Lucy looked at him and smiled.

"Hey." Lucy said.

"Y-yeah?" Cuphead replied.

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." Lucy said.

Cuphead's eyes light up, he had forgot about that but now that Lucy had reminded him of that it made Cuphead very happy. The small cup smiled.

"Th-thank you f-for walking m-me h-home. Lucy." Cuphead said stuttering and blushing a little bit.

Lucy looked at him with her pale bright blue eyes.

"No problem." She said.