Ch 39 Running into the darkness

"If I were you I wouldn't think about attempting to leave this room, if you do I shall have no choice but to punish you." The calm voice spoke

Cuphead bit his lip he didn't know what to do, those green eyes were burning bright it looked scary but so alluring. Perhaps that was a sign of the mysterious voice warning Cuphead but the fear began to override his mental thinking.

"Wh-who are y-you?" stuttered the small cup.

The footsteps were getting closer and then they stopped near the tiny boy.

"Would you really like to know?~" the voice purred.

Cuphead could feel their hot breath hitting his neck and Cuphead pushed the person away and pulled open the door and made a mad dash out of the room and down the hall. He ran as fast as he could go, Cuphead didn't look back as he ran down the hall only holding the candle and matches. As he ran he heard the most scariest sound, it sounded like a growl it was so,etching Cuphead couldn't describe. Everything felt as if it was shaking and a loud screech was heard heard as loud footsteps chased after him.

Cuphead ran faster and from a distance he could hear the voice scream out.

"CUPHEAD!!!"

Cuphead shrieked in fear as he ran even faster and could hear the loud footsteps coming closer and hear low growls of the mysterious voice. The small toon ran down the hall using the candle as light and took a sharp left down the hall holding that he could lose the mysterious figure as soon as possible. Cuphead hurried down the hall running and slowly very slowly he saw that his candle was losing flame, so as quick as ever he might the candle and off he went running from the strange figure.

He could see those bright green eyes staring at him, how had he still followed him? The small cup took a sharp right and was met with a flight of stairs. At the moment he thought it looked like a good idea. So he walked up the stairs and took a left and from afar he could hear the figure scram out his name again sending a shiver down the young boys spine.

"CUPHEAD!!!"

The scream only made Cuphead run faster. He made it to a room and closed the door, locking it in the process. Cuphead could hear the figure coming closer. Panic began to cloud Cuphead's mind as he began to barricade the door with a few furniture and looked around the room for a hiding place and escape route anything. Cuphead looked down the window and saw that the drop looked steep, he might break a couple of bones if he was lucky but the drop looked deep. So it was out of the question.

Cuphead's eyes finally landed by the nearby closet and opened it. It was or appeared to be the only place to be a good hiding place. There was a loud bang that made Cuphead jump. The figure was close now, Cuphead crawled inside and closed the closet doors and began controlling his breathing. The door was busted down and the furniture barricading the door was destroyed. Cuphead saw it all through the small crack of the closet door but he knew he was making a small mistake.

He knew he needed to out the candle. It would give away his location. Cuphead looked down at the candle and whimpered, he knew he would be swallowed up by darkness. In the end Cuphead had two options, he could leave the candle how it was and let his location be known allowing the figure to find him and do God knows what to him. Or out the candle out and be safe from the figure. Cuphead swallowed hard as he out out the candle, he could no longer see anything but he could hear the door being smashed down crashing down on the floor.

Cuphead held his breath as he could hear the heavy breathing from the mysterious figure. It looked like he really was trying to find him. There was a moment of silence before furniture was being thrown around, glass shattering, wood snapping. It seemed like the figure was destroying everything just to find Cuphead. It was scary, so scary.

Cuphead held his breath as he could hear the figure speak to him. Their voice was ferm full of anger and disapproval like a rumbling storm it was unnerving. Something about his voice how angry it was. That has to be it, it was calm and angry, that had to be it.

"Come out Cuphead and the punishment will be quick." The voice said.

Cuphead stayed put managing his breathing and heard more furniture being moved around. Then there was silence, Cuphead could only hear his heartbeat pound in his nonexistent ears. He felt hope rise in his chest as he heard footsteps begin to walk away only for his heart to sink were not leaving the room but rather were coming towards him. Cuphead for a moment couldn't breath, fear had paralyzed him as the closet began slowly opening and Cuphead was face to face with a dice headed man and his glowing green eyes.

Cuphead could see through the dark a smile creeping along their facial features. This made Cuphead tremble horribly.

"There you are?~" he purred.

Cuphead gave out an ear piercing scream as he was grabbed and thrown over the shoulder. Cuphead screamed and thrashed in the die's grasp but it was no use the man was far too strong. It felt like an eternity until they reached the room, Cuphead was thrown onto the bed and the door was closed shut. The small toon tried to scramble out of bed but was held by a strong hand that held him in place and shook as the voice spoke to him.