Chapter 46 The goat man returns

Cuphead shook his head and continued down the hall until he thought he heard something.. It sounded like hooves hitting the hospital floor.

Clop, clop, clop.

Yeah those were definitely hooves they sounded just like them. Cuphead ignored them and figured that it was another doctor or patient. Cuphead continued on still still hearing the hooves, now he was getting pretty worried and the dark that threatened to eat him whole was only adding to his paranoia. However the small cup didn't look back he was fearful that whatever it was would harm him. The small cup continued to walk down the hall and the last minute the young boy turned around and was face to face with the goat who had been wearing a green trench coat.

Cuphead jumped back and fell onto the floor and sat up rubbing the sore spot from which he landed on and looked up at the goat and seemed a little frightened. He couldn't move and felt a chill run down his spine and carefully spoke to the goat or would have if it weren't for the goat who spoke up first.

"I'm terribly sorry, did I frighten you?" The goat asked.

Cuphead didn't say anything. His voice was gone. Who did this guy what? Cuphead couldn't move he felt like he couldn't breathe, stuck in a hallway with the goat. Cuphead stared up at the goat noticing that it was the same goat from the forest.

"I-It's you....t-the goat from th-the forest." Cuphead stuttered out.

A grin stretched across the goat's face making Cuphead regret even speaking up in the first place. The goat smiled as he stared down at the young cup.

"Yes, and I believe you're that same boy who was watching me." The goat said in a raspy voice.

Cuphead looked away and rubbed his arm nodding. There was silence and Cuphead began feeling slightly uneasy.

"W-well I-I have to-to go I'll-;"

Cuphead paused as he heard another pair of footsteps walk towards him and the small cup tuned his head and to his delight it was his brother, he walked right up next to his brother and brought him to his side. Mugman stared at the goat and at that very moment Mugman didn't like that tall goat.

"Hey I was looking for you." Mugman said calmly clearing wanting to go bring his brother back where they would be much safer.

Cuphead stared up at his brother and shivered.

"C'mon let's go back." Mugman said.

Cuphead nodded and he didn't look back, he didn't know why but that goat scared him. It was hard to explain, it was the vibe that the goat gave off. Cuphead didn't like it.

"You scared me back there." Mugman whispered.

"I-I'm sorry." Cuphead whispered back softly.

Mugman nodded and the two arrived at the hospital room and headed back to sleep. When morning came Cuphead was the first to wake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, oh yeah he could go home now he could go back to school and see Lucy again. The thought of the incident and police station seemed to disappear and everything could go back to normal now. When Mugman woke up he and his brother began packing and walking down the hall. It felt so good to be out of the hospital gown and onto his black hoodie and jeans.

After the hospital discharge the small cup walked down towards their house and Cuphead breathed a sigh of relief. When he reached his room door Cuphead opened the door and couldn't help but smile.

He was so happy to be back home.

He could hear his brother coming up the stairs and make his way over to him setting the bag down near his bed.

"Okay bro that's all your stuff." Mugman said.

"Th-thank you." Cuphead said.

"Anytime bro." The blue mug said.

Cuphead smiled shyly and began taking out some of his things setting them where they should be. Once that was all taken care of the young cup flopped on his bed and sighed in content. He loved his bed it was much better than the hospital bed and much comfier. Cuphead was beginning to close his eyes when his phone rang and the young boy answered it.

It was Lucy.

Cuphead quickly began reading the message.

:Thatravengirl: Hey I heard you were discharged.

:Cuphead: Yeah, I'm so happy to be out of that hospital.

:Thatravengirl: I bet, I'm happy to see you out. I'll see you in school tomorrow, I have to study for a test.

:Cuphead: Okay I'll see you later bye.

:Thatravengirl: Bye

The cup placed his phone down and headed downstairs to see Elder Kettle and Mugman in the kitchen making something. The young teen walked over quietly and asked what the two were doing.