Chapter 22 Another school day

Cuphead awoke to the sound of his alarm ringing and lazily shut it off. The small cup slowly arose out of bed and headed into his closet and took out his clothes for school. After that he headed to the bathroom where Mugman had already finished up and now Cuphead could go and take his shower. Cuphead signed but knew that a shower would wake him up and get him ready for the day.

Cuphead hummed as the hot water hit his skin and wrapped him in warmth. Fortunately Cuphead knew that he couldn't stay here forever, he needed to get out and get dressed for school. The more he thought about it the more he felt himself scared and slightly happy. Scared because of Jason and happy because of Lucy. Now that Cuphead thought about his new found friend he felt all his fears disappear. He felt himself smile a bit and headed out of the bathroom to change and get ready. Once he was done changing he hurried downstairs and joined Mugman for breakfast.

"Good morning bro, sleep well?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead nodded.

"Y-yeah I slept g-good." Cuphead said smiling shyly.

Mugman grinned.

"Wow, you're awfully cheery than usual." Mugman said.

Cuphead felt his face heat up in embarrassment as he looked away. Was it that obvious that he was happy. Oh Cuphead felt so embarrassed. He wasn't even sure of what to do. The sound of a large vehicle was heard coming down the road.

"Bus is here bro, let's go." Mugman said and Cuphead followed.

The two said goodbye to Elder Kettle and headed outside where the bus was waiting. Cuphead watched as Mugman went first and followed after him. The two sat together on the bus and Mugman was attacked by the mermaid who smothered him in kisses. The blue mug laughed and kissed back sweetly, not long after the two were sharing deep heated kisses and Cuphead felt the strange feeling in his chest flutter again.

What was this feeling?

It was warm and made his heart flutter and become giddy. Cuphead wasn't sure but he looked on at the two and felt himself unable to avert his gaze. Why this feeling? It felt so strange and had that slight tug at his heart of a certain want that Cuphead couldn't understand.

What was it that his heart wanted?

Cuphead couldn't answer nor dwell on the question as Mugman and Cala stared at him with confusion. Cuphead jolted snapping himself out of his strange daze. How long had he been staring at them? Cuphead felt his face heat up in embarrassment, he must've looked like a total creeper.

"S-sorry." He replied softly.

Cala Maria and Mugman stared at each other confused at why Cuphead was staring at them like that but the two brushed it off as Cuphead being curious. Cala Maria blushed a light pink and giggled.

"It's okay." Mugman said reassuring the small cup.

Cuphead looked away as the bus pulled to a complete stop near the school. Looks like it's time to go. Mugman stood up and so did Cuphead. The two brothers and the mermaid headed into the school and once inside Cuphead felt a wave of dread hit him. He felt eyes, many of them staring at him but Cuphead ignored them and went to his locker. There he grabbed so,e if his books and folders and headed to class. To his surprise Lucy was there she sat at the outside of the seat of the desk, smiling once her pale blue eyes caught a glimpse of him.

Cuphead gave her a shy sweet smile as he headed towards her and was early this time so the two could talk until class actually started by then the two spoke about the upcoming game and Lucy gave him her number so that they could stay in touch. Cuphead was very happy to have had her number and as class began everyone stared at the small cup, probably because he had a new friend. The class became silent whispering quietly to themselves and class began as usual.

After class Lucy waved goodbye as the two sadly went their separate ways. It saddened Cuphead who returned to his locker.

"She's your only friend besides your brother." His mind said.

Cuphead placed his books into his locker, surprisingly Jason wasn't here to mess around with him. So that was good. Cuphead headed to his other classes and soon school was almost over. Cuphead walked down the hall to the cafeteria and in the corner of his eye he saw someone.

It was Jason.