Chapter 12 Hello Stranger

I'm so sorry there was a slight hiccup in posting this before you saw nothing but now you'll see chapter 12 thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoy the story. 

Cuphead ran faster as the strange people had stepped onto the makeshift bridge and another low snap was heard. Cuphead hurried and could hear them getting closer, and just as he was close to the other side, the log completely snapped. Cuphead yelped as he fell onto the ground and realized he made it to the other side.

"Shoot! He got away!" The southern voice said.

Cuphead stumbled a little and got up he could see that they were going to find another way to the other side of the river and looks like they were doing it as soon as possible. Cuphead gasped as he wobbled and ran off as fast as he could go and flashed on the flashlight and ran off quickly, making sure he didn't collide with any trees or rocks. Cuphead was beating so hard and he was surprised that he ran so fast and got away from those people.

So many questions ran through his brain, he was grateful that he had a flashlight to keep his sanity in check but he couldn't stop shaking his nyctophobia was getting the better of him. Cuphead couldn't look left nor right without the flashlight. If he did the world would sway and shake and jerk violently. Cuphead hurried down what looked like a pathway and noticed something that looked like an abandoned house.

Maybe he could hide in there and throw the others off. Cuphead hurried towards it and was close to turning the flashlight off before he heard the sound of something that spooked him. Cuphead flashed the light and instantly regretted what he did. What he saw an eight ball. He too had a flashlight and was pretty tall and buff. Cuphead shivered just him alone could easily take him down. Cuphead was pretty light for a boy like him and the fact that this giant eight ball was having a staring contest with him didn't help either.

The eight ball was wearing what appeared to be a uniform...or suit. At the very end was a name tag.

Hello my name is Mangosteen.

That was an odd name but Cuphead had bigger problems. Jeez the man's hands were massive. They looked like they were used for physical labor and they also looked like they could easily snap Cuphead's neck like a chicken's neck. The thought made his throat hurt and now it was beginning to get hard to swallow. The balky man straightened himself out and began walking towards Cuphead.

The young toon began backing away and he was beginning to breathe hard and immediately he raced towards the house and to his horror the eight ball chased him down. The young cup hurried inside and slammed the door shut, locking it. The awful sound of banging was heard once he locked the door. Cuphead wondered where he could go, upstairs? Down the hall?

Hide! His mind screamed.

One of the hinges were coming undone, indicating that the door was beginning to break down. Cuphead headed down the hall and could hear the door finally break and crash down onto the floor. Cuphead's heart dropped as he needed to hide quickly.

Cuphead hid in a small room underneath the stairs and stayed their holding his breath.