Chapter 29 Hospital smell

Mugman gave his brother a loving smile and moved to give Cuphead a hug. Cuphead jolted as he tried to relax in his brother's arms. The nurse smiled and straightened herself.

"Well then I'll go tell them that you're okay with the proceager." The nurse said.

Cuphead whimpered as he held onto and watched as the woman left his hospital room. Mugman whispered soft and comforting words as Cuphead was put under sedation as they swabbed him. Mugman didn't go anywhere, he stayed by his brother's side until they were done. Once they were finished they took the evidence from Cuphead and left. The nurse thanked them well Mugman that was and told him that two police officers would see them to ask questions about the incident. When Cuphead was well enough to see them he could go. It didn't take long for the nurse to leave and after an hour Cuphead woke up, he looked so groggy.

"What? H-happened?" Cuphead said.

Mugman smiled as he calmly spoke to his brother.

"It's okay the swabbing is done." Mugman said.

"It is?" Cuphead asked.

Mugman nodded.

Cuphead slowly began sitting up but was struggling, it wasn't until Mugman gently placed his younger brother down on the hospital bed making him whine in pain before he spoke.

"We don't want you moving just yet Cuppy, just rest a little bit okay." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked at him and nodded.

"Do you know when he'll be discharged?" asked Lucy.

Mugman stayed quiet as they waited for a response. Cuphead looked at his brother for an answer and Mugman seemed hesitant on answering but did so slowly and carefully.

"Well the doctors thought it would be best to keep Cuphead here for three days to be on the safe side with his mental state."

Cuphead did not like the sound to that at all.

"N-no! I-I don't want t-to stay h-here!" Cuphead cried.

Mugman looked distraught as much as his brother.

"Cuphead I'm sorry but there not much I can do. "

Cuphead shook his head.

"N-no please! I-I don't w-want to s-stay h-here not h-here!" Cuohead said trying hard not to choke on his tears.

Mugman shushed his brother and tried to calm him down. Lucy and Cala had to leave but they said that they would visit him. Once they left Cuphead broke down crying softly into his brother's arms, burying his face into Mugman's chest.

This truly was a painful day

Of Course Mugman didn't want to leave his brother like this, he was in no good state to be left alone like this. The poor cup was practically clinging to him. Mugman had to at least do something to calm Cuphead down.

"Cuphead shh, it's okay you're okay, I'll come visit you every day and night until you're discharged from the hospital. I'll make sure that you'll be okay. The nurses and doctors will take really good care of you. You'll be okay...besides." Mugman said.

"I brought some things from home to cheer you up." He said.

Cuphead remained silent as Mugman grabbed a bag and pulled out a wool blanket, it came from Cuphead's room. It was the same blanket that Cuphead loved to snuggle in. Mugman dug a little bit into the bag and pulled out his beloved stuffed plush bear. Cuphead bit his lip as he wanted to prevent any further tears from coming and spilling from his eyes. Mugman dug into his pocket and pulled handed Cuphead his phone and charger. Then Mugman gave Cuphead his pillow, the same pillow he loved to sleep on.

"There." Mugman said as he sniffed and smiled at his brother.

"Now you're comfortable, safe and have your stuffed plush Arctic light with you." Mugman said.

Cuphead snuggled the stuffed bear and thanked his brother for getting these things for him, he felt much better now but didn't like the idea of his brother not being with him at the hospital overnight.

"I bet you're hungry." Mugman said.

Cuphead nodded.

"Well let's go get some food, I hear that the hospitals food taste really good." He said.

Cuphead smiled and nodded, slowly getting up and before the small cup could even take a step out of bed he was greeted by a wheelchair. Cuphead looked up at his brother with a confused stare.

"Sorry bro, it's hospital rules." Mugman said.

Cuphead pouted.

"I h-hate the hospital rules." Cuphead muttered.

"I know." Mugman said.

After helping Cuphead into the wheelchair Mugman wheeled his brother down the hall of the hospital. The two spoke about school and stuff and Cuphead tried to sound interested but always came off nervous or uneasy.

"Are you okay?" Mugman asked,

Cuphead nodded not wanting to bother his brother. The two finally reached the cafeteria they looked for a spot to sit, once they did Mygman wheeled his brother down towards the food. It smelled so good. There were many foods to choose from, potatoes, buns, fish, meat as well as some vegetables and dessert. So the blue mug began filling the plate with some food. Cuphead didn't dare speak up, besides his brother looked so happy.

Cuphead shouldn't bother him.

The plate was full of mashed potatoes, a small section of peas and a steak cooked well done.

"I want you to eat up tonight so you can be strong." Mugman said and pushed the plate to his brother.

Cuphead stared down at the plate before taking a first bite and hummed as the flavor a burst into his mouth and slowly began eating what Mugman gave him. It was really tasty, it was well cooked too. Dinner was great and now sadly it was time for Cuphead to go back to his room. As Mugman wheeled Cuphead back down the hall, it was dark out with some small stars sticking out.

How late was it?

Cuphead gave a sigh as Mugman opened Cuphead's hospital room door. It was dark inside making Cuphead shiver. Mugman turned on the room light and wheeled Cuphead in. The small cup sighed as as he sat down on the hospital bed, he really wasn't ready to say goodbye to his brother just yet and luckily Mugman would stay for a little while at least until Cuphead fell asleep.

"There's a shower in here, you wanna wash up before bed?" Mugman suggested.

Cuphead remained silent unsure of if he wanted to take a shower or not. To be honest being in this hospital gown made him feel uncomfortable but to go into a shower, strip to nothing and bathe in a place that you haven't been really familiar with yet, it was a little nerve wracking.

"You might feel better when taking a shower, you might feel more relaxed when going to sleep." Mugman said.

With that in mind Cuphead thought for a little bit. It would feel nice to shower and get cleaned up. Besides if his brother was telling the truth, it would be nice to get some well deserved sleep. Especially in this place.

"Y-yeah your r-right, I should p-probably take a shower a-and get rid of th-this." Cuphead paused and took a small sniff and shuttered.

"Smell."