Chapter 42 Strange man

Cuphead wasn't sure but the thought of it made him worry, what if she got fed up with him and no longer wished to be his friend. Well there was only one way to find out, that was to try and get a job at Bon Bon's.

It's worth a shot.

The door creaked open and Cuphead could see his brother was holding lunch. Some good old fashioned tacos. It looked like the taco joint down a few blocks was doing pretty well.

"Ready for lunch?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead nodded.

It was quiet as Mugman handed him some food. Cuphead decided to try and make some conversation with his brother. The young cup opened his mouth and stumbled over his words he wanted to say.

"Um...M-Mugman?"

The blue mug looked up at his brother.

"Yeah?"

"Th-thanks for g-getting lunch." Cuphead said looking down.

"Yeah no problem bro." Mugman chimed.

"I-I heard that...umm th-that Lucy, sh-she has...eh is g-gonna start w-working." Cuphead said.

Mugman perked up munching on his taco.

"Really?" He said.

Cuphead nodded.

"Y-yeah she's g-gonna start w-working for B-Baroness Von B-Bon Bon." Cuphead said.

"I hear the baroness is a really good baker." Mugman added.

"R-really?" Cuphead asked.

"Yeah she's the best." Mugman said.

"I-I was w-wondering if...umm I want t-to get a j-job application wo-working for the b-baroness." Cuphead said.

Mugman stopped eating and perked up at what his brother told him.

"I." Cuphead stopped and looked away embarrassed.

"I think that's a good idea Cuphead." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked up.

"Y-you really th-think so?" Cuphead asked.

"Absolutely, I think it's a big step forward but I think it's great." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked away and nodded.

"I'll see if we can get you an application." Mugman said.

"O-okay." Cuphead said.

After lunch the two brothers headed back to the hospital room and Cuphead began packing up some of his things and couldn't wait to go home. Yet he feared what would happen to him when he returned to school. Would the bullying proceed? No. Those boys were in jail and couldn't go anyway. Cuphead sat down on the hospital bed and thought some more. The sheer thought of going back to school made Cuphead shiver, but he knew that he needed to be brave. Cuphead sighed as he flopped down on the hospital bed and stared at the clock this day was going by so slow. There was nothing he could do, and of course he didn't want to bother his brother who was studying and working hard so Cuphead decided to just go for a walk.

It would be a short walk, just down the hall and to the right, it would be simple as that. Cuphead got up from bed and walked quickly and quietly passed his brother as to not disturb him. Once Cuphead was out of sight and out of the hospital room Cuphead went right. The young teen sighed softly as he glanced up at the Art the hospital had to offer and continued walking down the hall noticing something. A small smudge of green, Cuphead stopped for a moment. It was nothing it had to be nothing. The small cup walked down further and could see that.

It was the goat from the forest.

Cuphead couldn't help but feel an uneasy vibe coming from that man. Cuphead stopped and thought it be best to go the other way, so that's what he did. He turned around and began walking back, he didn't like the vibes that were coming off from the goat in the green coat. Call it coincidence or a sixth sense and what have you but Cuphead didn't like any of the vibes from the old goat so he avoided him. Cuphead began walking back down another hall only to see that it was getting pretty dark. He should probably go back, this hall was giving him the creeps, besides Mugman must be looking for him by now.