Chapter 45 We'll meet again soon

It was just like that , the four of them. It felt nice to steak to them it really did. Cuphead wished it could last forever, fortunately he knew better, it was getting late and Lucy and Cala needed to head home so the two girls said their goodbyes and left the two boys with each other. Mugman once the left ordered dinner and they ate in the room. It was quiet and the young cup didn't seem to mind it.

"I'm really happy that you're gonna come home tomorrow." Mugman said.

"M-me too." Cuphead said.

After dinner the two began to wind down and began to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and once they were all comfy the two brothers began falling asleep. Cuphead slowly opened his eyes and sat up looking around. Where? Oh he was in the room full of candles.....oh no he needed to get out of this room. Cuphead sat up wearing the nightgown and looked around decided to get out of bed, but a voice stopped him.

"You're not thinking about running away again are you?" The voice said.

Cuphead froze and tried to look around the room searching for the voice who was talking. It turns out that the voice had belonged to the tall man who was sitting in a chair looking at the young cup with emerald eyes. Cuphead froze and shook he didn't know what to do, he wasn't sure why he was so scared and nervous around the stranger what did he want? Cuphead wanted to ask but he was too scared. Cuphead swallowed hard and decided to simply lie back down.

"Good boy~" The voice purred.

Cuphead didn't say anything and looked away from the emerald eyes and shivered as he heard the stranger move closer to him.

"S-stay... S-stay away f-from me." Cuphead stuttered and shivered.

"Hush." The voice said calmly.

Cuphead didn't say anything as the tall man sat on the edge of the bed and carefully tried to reach out and touch Cuphead's face but the small young toon flinched and scooted away from the man.

"N-No! S-Stay away!" Cuphead cried.

"Why?" The voice asked.

"H-huh?"

"Why are you so scared of touch?" The stranger with green eyes asked.

Cuphead seemed a little taken aback he was never asked such a question before so he was taken aback by it. To which the small cup was almost unable to even answer without tears creeping up at his eyes. It was too hard to describe, so hard for people to understand and even when they did they just dismissed it and thought it was just a teenager looking for attention rather than having an intense fear of touch. It was a phobia Cuphead had and he felt deep down it would never go away, it would always stay with him and torment him for the rest of his life.

"B-Because." Cuphead stuttered and could feel his eyes sting and his thrust tighten up as he tried to explain without crying.

"B-because it's g-gross." He choked out.

The tall stranger tilted his head.

"Gross?" He repeated.

Of course someone like him would never understand.

"D-don't make m-me s-say it!" Cuphead cried as he buried his face into the pillow feeling ashamed and embarrassed.

"I'll never make you say anything you don't want to." The stranger said calmly almost soothingly. Cuphead peeked up from the pillow just a bit to catch a glimpse of those green eyes. Cuphead shuttered and looked away. The tall man carefully got a little bit closer and spoke soothingly to the young toon.

"I'll see you soon Cuphead I look forward to our very first time we meet." The tall male said voice smooth and velvet alluring even.

Cuphead slowly woke up and sat up in bed. It was still dark out and his brother beside him was still sleeping. Cuphead slipped out of bed and headed into the bathroom. That was one weird dream and as Cuphead thought more about it the more he wondered what the tall stranger meant about looking forward to see him. Well whatever it was Cuphead didn't seem to care, it was just a dream after all so it didn't matter. Right? Cuphead combed his liquid hair and stretched his arms. It was still too early but Cuphead couldn't seem to fall back to sleep. So he decided that e might as well walk around a little bit at least until he could fall asleep again. The young boy opened the door to his hospital room and carefully closed the door to not disturb his brother.

The small cup then took a right and began walking down the hall and saw the same long window of the fantastic view he and his brother saw before but now it was dark, only a few lights on and a night full of stars. Cuphead was happy that he brought his glow in the dark plush bear with him as he continued walking down the hall. It was quiet and peaceful not quiet as in eerie but quiet as in nice. Cuphead gazed up at the sky and sighed it was a pretty nice night out there and Cuphead began walking again. The teen cup was really happy he brought his glow in the dark plushie as he made his way down the hall not noticing that someone was behind him.

The small toon cup stopped and sat down on a bench, he wasn't sure what time it was but he knew that he should turn around go back to his room and go back to sleep. Cuphead then heard footsteps and felt a chill run down his spine and looked up to see Rumor Honeybottoms.

Cuphead jumped and stared up at the bee woman.

"Oh goodness I'm sorry dearie I didn't mean to frighten you." Rumor Honeybottoms said.

"I-It's fine." Cuphead stuttered.

Rumor smiled.

"Well what are you doing up so late sugar? The sun isn't even up yet." Rumor Honeybottoms said.

"I-I can't sleep." Cuphead confessed.

"Oh?"

Cuphead looked away.

"I-It was just a-a dream." Cuphead answered.

"I see." said the bee woman.

Cuphead looked anywhere other than at the bee woman and slowly stood up, he thought it be best to head back to his room. So he bid the bee nurse farewell and began walking back to his hospital room and as he walked down the dark hall he thought he saw a shadow dash by in front of him. The small cup jumped back not sure of what he had seen. Or maybe it was just his eyes playing tricks on him it had to be that?p.