Chapter16 That strange feeling

"Okay popcorns done.." Cala Maria said plopping down next to Mugman.

"Everyone ready?" Mugman asked.

"Yep." Cala chirped.

"Y-yeah." Cuphead said.

Mugman nodded and pressed the play button and slowly the movie began to play. During the movie Cala and Mugman began cuddling and the mermaid softly pressed her lips against Mug,an's lips. The two shared a sweet kiss and then before things could go any further Mugman pushes away.

"Not in front of Cuphead." Mugman said.

Cala Maria smiled but nodded.

"Alright, but you owe me later." She winked.

Mugman chuckled and nodded going back to cuddling his loving lady. Cuphead stared at the two and looked away. He felt something strange in his chest but couldn't pinpoint what the feeling wa. It was strange as he watched them kiss and cuddle.

What was the feeling inside him?

Cuphead turned to face the TV screen and watched the movie. Finally when the movie ended both Cala Maria and Mugman ago up and stretched and began chatting about what they could do tomorrow. Cuphead watched as his brother and Cala Maria began kissing again. The strange feeling came back again. Cuphead watched as the pair kiss and in one point Cala Maria and Mugman began french kiss. Cuphead looked away the strange feeling was dissolved and replaced by something ....awful.

It was disgusting.

It reminded him of something he didn't want to remember. Yet part of him wanted to do something similar to that, when he found someone who'll love him.

"I bet you want in on that too don't you." His mind said to him.

Cuphead shook his head not wanting to think about the bad times. Those times were awful full of sickening and agonizing memories.....and.....the hospital. Cuphead gasped as he shuttered and trembled.

No, no, no, no, he didn't want to remember that! Anything but that!

"Cuphead?" Mugman asked noticing something wrong with his brother.

There was no response.

"Cuphead are you alright?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead snapped his head to h brother and seemed uneasy a little.

"Are you alright?" Mugman asked again.

Cuphead was silent but nodded as he didn't want to cause a scene.

"I-I'm f-fine." Cuphead stuttered.

Mugman turned as Cala began speaking.

"I heard there was a smoothie place that was getting real popular, we should go and check it out. " said the mermaid.

Mugman smiled.

"That sounds like fun." The blue mug said.

"I'd thought so, so how about tomorrow we check it out?"

"Sounds like a plan." Mugman said.

Cuphead stayed quiet as he shivered he hadn't a clue on what caused that episode. The small cup wasn't sure but shook his head as he didn't want to think about it anymore. Whatever it was Cuphead didn't want think about it anymore. It would only make him get scared and sad. While the two spoke and chatted Cuphead was left to his thoughts.

"Cuphead?" Mugman asked.

"Y-yes?" Cuphead replied.

"Are you feeling alright?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead paused for a minute.

"I-I'm sleepy." The small toon said.

Although he was scared to fall asleep due to the scary dreams.

"Oh." Mugman said and looked at the clock and noticed the time.

Ten-thirty.

It was getting very late.

"Is it alright if I stay the night, I don't wanna walk home alone at night." Cala said.

Mugman nodded.

"Yeah you can stay the night." Mugman said.

Cala Maria seemed happy to hear that and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." She said.

"Anytime." Mugman replied back.

"The guest bedroom is down the hall to the right." Mugman said.

"Couldn't I just sleep here with you?" Cala said sweetly.

Mugman flushed a blue tint and smiled nervously.

Cala Maria giggled sweetly.

Cuphead watched and slowly he slipped off the couch and looked at the two before making his way upstairs. He took one step onto the staircase before taking a final glance at his brother and his girlfriend before whispering goodnight softly and heading upstairs.