Chapter 43 Listening to someone's conversation is never a good idea.

I know this chapter title sucks but I'll figure out the next one.

Cuphead slowly turned around to head back to his hospital room and stopped when he heard something. As much as a Cuphead knew he needed to go back curiosity began seeping through and before he knew it he was following the sound of two voices which lead him down a long hall to a door. It was getting pretty dark but luckily the light from the other side was keeping Cuphead sane somehow. Cuphead could easily hear the voices behind the door, the front of the door read Dr. Bethany Clawington and behind the door the small toon could hear two distinct voices. One sounded like a women's voice so it had to be Bethany Cuphead thought the other voice however sounded...well like an old raspy man. The small teen slowly crouched down and peeked through the keyhole of the door.

There his predictions were right, there was a female bear most likely Bethany and....it was the old goat man. Cuphead began feeling those unwelcoming vibes again.

"Again, we are not allowed to address the patient's name and where they are staying." Bethany said.

"I understand Ms. Clawington." said the goat man who smiled.

"But I think I might know what happened to those children that I think you might be interested in." The goat said slyly.

"What do you know about the children?" Clawington asked confused.

"I know many things my dear~." The goat replied.

Cuphead listened in.

"Did someone tell you?" Bethany asked.

The goat shook his head.

"Then how do you know this?!" The woman exclaimed.

"Again my dear I know many things." The goat in the green trench coat said once again.

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I am a simple old man looking for someone who is very powerful, someone who can easily erase mankind from existence. "

The female bear stayed quiet staring at the old goat which a creeped out look.

"I don't know who you are, or what your doing or trying to do but you need to get out." The female doctor said.

"I understand Ms. Thank you and have a pleasant day." The goat said.

The women turned away.

"Please leave my office." She said.

The old goat slowly turned around and didn't notice Cuphead at first.

"Thank you for your ti-;"

His eyes snapped at the small spot where Cuphead was peeking at, the two locked eyes only for a small moment and what a frightening moment it was since the small cup ran off as fast as he could go not turning back and hurrying to his room. Mugman looked at him with concerned eyes and watched as his brother flipped down on the hospital bed panting softly.

"Cuphead?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead didn't reply as he felt as if he just ran a whole marathon.

"Cuphead are you okay?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead nodded before speaking.

"Y-yeah.... I j-just went for a w-walk." Cuphead said.

"Oh well I've got some good news some doctors are considering to let you go early." Mugman said.

"I-that's a-awesome!" Cuphead stuttered happily.

Cuphead wondered if he should tell his brother the truth about what he did but saw no reason too so an old man spooked him it was no big deal but ease dripping was. In the cafeteria while Mugman ate Cuphead stared down at his soup and began getting lost in his thoughts. About school, about the whole incident between him and Jason. Cuphead shivered A new job and Lucy moving away to mainland. The thoughts seemed to cloud his mind and the young boy jumped when Mugman called out his brother's name. Cuphead jolted and stared up at the other brother and blushed embarrassed due to his situation.

"Y-yeah?"

"I asked if your alright, you look like your spacing out again." Mugman said.

"I-I am? S-sorry." Cuphead apologized.

Mugman smiled.

"Yeah you are. Is something on your mind?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead looked away and nodded.

"I-I'm j-just thinking about a-a lot of things." Cuphead said.

"Like what?"

"D-dumb stuff."

"Cmon Cuppy we both know that's not true." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked away again.

"I-I was thinking a-about what'll happen w-when I go b-back to s-school. " Cuphead confessed.

Mugman remained quiet.

"So you think someone's gonna pick on you if you go?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead shamefully nodded.

Mugman sighed and smiled.

"Whatever happens I'll be here for you bro. Besides Jason is and will be gone." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked up and could be help but smile. He had the greatest brother ever. The most supportive, sweet, patient , kind brother ever. Cuphead loved him adored him and even envied him a little. Maybe he could do this. Jason would soon be taken to justice and maybe the bullying would stop, maybe Cuphead need to do was be patient....at least try.