Chapter 30 Goodnight Cuphead

Mugman beamed and got up from the chair.

"Alright I'll go get it started.." Mugman said.

Cuphead wanted to protest thinking that Mugman had already done so much for him. However Cuphead was too late as Mugman had already ran into the bathroom to fix Cuphead a good shower, or so Cuphead thought it was a shower. The young toon cup got up and headed to the bathroom to see what was going on. His brother was making him a bath, not that Cuphead complained or anything it looked really comforting.

"Alright bro, it's all ready." Mugman said.

Cuphead smiled.

"O-okay, th-thanks Muggy." Cuphead said.

Mugman got out allowing Cuphead go into the bathroom and take a bath. Cuphead slowly closed the door and looked around. The bathroom was white and creamy yellow, there was a counter with a sink and mirror. The bathroom was small and nice and full of essential oils that would relax anyone. Near the tub was some soap and other cleaning stuff. The small cup took a deep breath as he slowly began undoing the strings to the hospital gown and slipped it off, placing it on the counter. After he took off the gown Cuphead stood still and felt a chill down his spine. He shivered fearing that someone would harm him.

Cuphead slowly breathed in and out, the small toon carefully removed his underwear and stared at the mirror. He didn't look at himself for too long, he didn't want to he was ugly, disgusting, weak and worthless. Cuphead sniffed but put all his feelings aside as he stepped into the bath. He gasped at how warm and welcoming it was. The essential oils were beginning to kick in as Cuphead soaked in the bath. It felt really nice, getting rid of the hospital smell and feeling relaxed. His brother was right taking a bath before bed was be very nice. Cuphead felt like he could stay in here all night but he knew that he needed to get out. The small toon slowly got out of the tub and grabbed a towel that his brother had to given him before drying off. Once dried he put on some clean underwears and fastened the strings to the hospital gown. Cuphead then opened the bathroom door and was met with his brother. He looked up at Cuphead and smiled.

"Hey bro."

"H-hi."

"Do you feel better?" Mugman asked.

"Y-yeah I do a-actually." Cuphead replied.

Mugman smiled.

"See told you it would feel good to take a bath. " Mugman said.

Cuphead smiled and nodded as he sat down on the hospital bed and looked at his brother with fearful eyes.

"D-do you r-really have t-to go?" Cuphead asked.

Mugman looked at his brother with a sad smile.

"I eventually have to." Mugman said.

Cuphead didn't like the sound of that and looked down.

"Buuut, I can stay until you fall asleep for the night reading you fairytales." Mugman said.

At that moment Cuphead could have sworn that all his worries disappeared. Having the comforting feeling of his brother reading fairy tales to him until he falls asleep made Cuphead feel safe and happy. Cuphead sniffed and rubbed his eyes as he watched his brother dig into the bag and pulled out a big book that labeled Fairytales. Cuphead stared at the big brown book with golden designs and letters and colorful gems in awe. It really did look like a book of true fairy tales, Cuphead loved that book he adored it. Having his brother read to him was such an absolute delight.

"Alright bro get settled for bed so I can get started on some good old fairy tales." Mugman said.

Cuphead looked at his brother and nodded as he got into bed and got comfortable with the pillow and blanket Mugman brought. Cuphead held o to his plush and stared at his brother wondering what fairytales Mugman would read. When Cuphead finally laid down Mugman opened the book and began reading to his brother. First he read little red riding hood then he read Pinocchio and the three little pigs, always remembering to show the pictures to his brother. Cuphead listened as his brother read to him. Cuphead hadn't even noticed that he was drifting asleep. The toon hadn't really heard his brother read Peter Pan but he knew he was reading it due to him showing the pictures of the story.

The rest seemed to blur out as Cuphead was slowly drifting in and out of consciousness, his eyes felt so heavy he couldn't keep them open any longer. At this point Mugman had noticed his brother and closed the book. The blue mug stared at his brother and smiled down on him, as much as it pained him leave Cuphead here alone in the hospital Mugman couldn't stay.

"Good night Cuphead." Mugman said softly.

Cuphead couldn't say anything back at the moment, he hummed softly mumbling out a quiet.

"G'night."

With that Mugman planted a soft kiss on his brother's forehead and walked out of the hospital room closing the door softly, leaving his young brother alone to rest.