Ch 10 Dosturbed dream

Cuphead slowly got out of bed, things seemed to stand still for a moment as he stretched his arms and legs and then proceeded to head to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth and using the bathroom the young toon quietly headed downstairs, becoming a bit hungry.

He saw Elder Kettle knitting what appeared to be a sweater, not wanting to bother him Cuphead quietly headed towards the kitchen but Elder Kettle had already noticed his presence.

"Cuphead, I'm happy to see that your up. Mugman told me you weren't feeling well." Elder Kettle said.

Cuphead gave a low and heavy sigh as he nodded. He didn't want to say anything else but Elder Kettle had gotten up and noticed Cuphead's strange behavior.

"Is something wrong Cuphead? You seem awfully quiet than usual." Elder Kettle said as he slowly approached Cuphead.

"N-no, I'm just....I-I'm just hungry i-is all." Cuphead stuttered.

Elder Kettle beamed.

"Well why didn't you say so, I'll go make you some delicious noodle soup."

As much as Cuphead wanted to protest he didn't, Elder Kettle looked so happy.

"Don't ruin this for him." Cuphead's mind screamed at him.

The red cup slowly headed back upstairs wondering if Mugman had messaged him back since this morning,

No reply.

That's okay Mugs must be busy with either class or his club. Cuphead sighed as he placed his phone down and heard his name being called. Cuphead walked downstairs and was met by Elder Kettle who had finished making the soup.

"I hope you like it, I think Mugman will enjoy the soup too." Kettle said.

"Th-thank you. Elder K-Kettle." The small cup said and sat down in the dining room and began to eat the soup quietly.

The soup was creamy and full of some vegetables. Elder Kettle must've gotten them from the Root Pack. Cuphead hummed in delight as the soup was really good and filling. Once the young cup was finished with the soup he thanked Elder Kettle again and headed upstairs to his room. Cuphead noticed that his his brother had messaged back when he glanced down at his phone.

"Hey bro." It read.

"Hey Mugs how are you?" Cuphead texted back.

"Doing good school will be over in a few hours." Mugman replied back.

That was what was left of the message and Cuphead placed his phone down so he could sleep. Cuphead laid down and buried himself under his covers. During his slumber he had the most strangest dream ever. He was alone standing in the dark. Cuphead shivered as he hated the dark. The small cup tried to look around but saw no one and could only hear loud footsteps.

The louder they got the more scared Cuphead seemed to be. As much as Cuphead wanted to run, he wasn't sure where he would run off to. Suddenly there was a blinding flash of light. There were muffled voices that were calling out to each other and the lights were flashing out and across...trees? The lights flashed and spasmed again. This was a forest. Cuphead slowly walked forward but the urgent desire to run and hide was creeping into his soul.

Cuphead despite his nyctophobia began speed walking and could hear the sound of muffled voices, they were hallaring and screaming at each other and Cuphead walked faster as he felt fear creep into him. He could see slightly now that his eyes were adjusting to the darkness.

That was a lie.

Although he could see somewhat in the dark, every time he tried to turn his head and or glance left or right with his eyes everything would sway and shale slightly. The wound of footsteps and voices called out. Cuphead tried to not listen but he could hear them talk to each other and see the fading light of their flashlights.

"I think I saw him go this way." One of the voices called out and Cuphead was trying to catch his breath as he ran.

The toon cup his behind a few bushes and a single tree he watched as the lights got brighter and the voices grew louder and was wondering if this was such a good idea to hide. There was no turning back as Cuphead saw blinding lights and heard pairs of footsteps.

"I could have sworn I saw that lil bastard run down here." Someone with a southern accent said.

"Well he ain't here is here." Said another voice that sounded low and scratchy.

Cuphead watched as he listened to them speak.

"I saw him." The southern voice spoke.

"Well where did he go?" The low scratchy voice asked mocking the other.

"The hell should I know!" The souther voice snapped back.

Cuphead assumed that there would be a fight but another voice had joined in, it was a females voice. It sounded foreign and from another country possibly.

"Enough bickering. We have a job to do. King wants us to find this child. And bring him back alive. " The females voice said.

This statement sent chills down Cuphead's spine. Why did they need him alive? What would they do to him if they found him? Cuphead didn't want to know and slowly crept out of the bush without being detected. Cuphead ran like he never ran before and could see the blinding lights of flashlights jerking and moving around in the dark.

The further he was from them the better. Cuphead was slowly out of breath and stopped near a tree to breathe properly and already he could hear footsteps against the damp first floor and the blinding light of flashlights. Cuphead hurried away and could hear one of the voices he didn't which one shout.

"There he is! Get him!"

Immediately Cuphead ran as fast as he could go trying to avoid trees and shrubs as well as dead branches lying around in the florets floor and small rocks. Cuphead avoided all and once again stopped to take a break. Where exactly was he? There was a thick heavy fog covering the sky giving the whole scenery an onominis look. The sound of rushing water caught the toon's attention and it was clear that Cuphead was near a river.

The red cup carefully stared down at the water. He could barely see his reflection due to the fog and the fast current underneath the surface of the water. Cuphead took a few deep breaths to try and calm himself but it only seemed to help him just a tiny bit. Until he could see the lights again, he needed to move and fast