Chapter 47 One step closer to a job

"Oh we're making homemade bread. You wanna help?" Mugman asked.

Cuphead nodded.

Mugman scooted a bit allowing his brother to get a spot and help make some bread. It was nice, he and Mugman joked back and forth and then placed the bread into the oven.

"Now all we need to do is let it bake." Elder Kettle replied

The two boys nodded. Cuphead kept an eye on the bread and once it was done baking the young cup took it out to let it cool off. He walked over to meet his brother who was on his phone and Elder Kettle who was getting dinner ready. While the wise kettle was doing that Mugman approached Cuphead holding a sheet of paper handing it to him. Cuphead looked down confused.

"Huh?"

It was the job application for Baroness Von Bon Bon.

"I managed to speak with Bon Bon and got one for ya." Mugman said.

Cuphead smiled thankful that his brother had done this for him. The young toon thanked his brother who replied calmly with a.

"No problem bro."

Cuphead smiled and began filling out the application he was halfway through it u till he was called to the dinner table. There the three of them ate and Elder Kettle talked to Mugman about school to which the mug told his grandfather that he was just fine in his classes. The two chatted for awhile until Cuphead excused himself from the table and headed to his rook to finish the job application and when he did he placed it into a folder and zipped it up into his backpack and messaged Lucy.

:Cuphead: Hey Lucy

:ThatRavengirl: Hi

:Cuphead: Finished the job application.

:ThatRavengirl: That's great news maybe tomorrow after school we could deliver it to Bon Bon.

:Cuphead: Yeah I would like that.

:ThatRavengirl: Ok I'll go with you tomorrow

:Cuphead: Thanks

:ThatRavengirl: Your welcome.

The messages stopped there.

Cuphead turned off his phone and changed into his pajamas and crawled into bed. He didn't know what school would be like tomorrow but one thing was for sure he was one step close to getting a job. The small cup held onto his glow in the desk plushie and watched it's colors glow and fade before falling asleep. Cuphead awoke to the sound of his alarm clock going off and sat up and rubbed the morning out of his eyes and got out of bed before stumbling out of his room and leaning against the wall of the bathroom waiting for his brother and slowly began dozing off.

Cuphead could feel himself drifting and then he could have sworn someone was touching him. The small cup jerked awake from his power nap and saw his brother exciting the bathroom.

"You okay Cuppy?" Mugman said.

Cuphead nodded and hurried into the bathroom without his brother even responding. Cuphead wasn't sure where that feeling come from but he didn't really want to it always made him feel sick and dizz, so he pushed the feeling away and headed into the shower. Cuphead hummed softly to himself and got out after he was done. Cuphead hurried to us oom dried off before changing into his black hoodie with dark blue jeans and sneakers. Once he was fully clothed the young teen defended downstairs and had a quick breakfast with his brother.

"Did you finish the job application?" Mugman asked him.

Cuphead nodded.

"Y-yeah."

Mugman smiled.

"That's good, I'm happy that you're looking for a job Cuppy." Mugman said.

Cuphead couldn't help but smiled.

"But how long will you be able to hold that job?" His mind hissed.

"Th-thanks M-Mugs." Cuphead said trying to ignore the voice inside him.