Chapter 20 Talking to Lucy

Cuphead didn't look up at Elder Kettle as he ate. He was a bit on edge, sure tomorrow would be Sunday but....once Monday hit he could have to go back to school. The thought shook Cuphead to the bone, he feared so many reasons why he shouldn't go but he needed to be brave. Cuphead slowly finished his dinner and headed upstairs to his room. He honestly didn't know really what to do but for now he was safe and tomorrow he could go do something with Mugman or Cala....maybe he might bump into Lucy again.

That would be nice. Maybe they could be friends. Cuphead almost smiled as the thought sent him into a small daydream. He hoped that they could be the best of friends and do things that friends do like hang out, goof off, talk, and other things that friends normally do. That would be so nice. The small cup stood up as he decided to go out for a small walk. Maybe that might stop him from feeling so lonely in his room. The young boy headed downstairs and opened the front door before closing it.

The sky was still bright being a healthy orange with gashes of red spread out across the sky and fluffy golden stitched onto the horizon. It must be late in the afternoon. Cuphead slowly began walking just a bit and walked across the bridge, he took a deep breath as he looked around and continued walking. It seemed like a peaceful afternoon today and Cuphead was almost calm. Then he spotted so,etching in the distance.

It was Lucy.

She sat on the grass looking up at the sky with a dazed and zoned out look. Cuphead didn't want to disturb her but he also wanted to speak to her. He quietly approached the girl and spoke softly to her.

"H-hello." Cuphead said to her.

Lucy looked up and stared at him. Her big beautiful pale blue eyes almost had him in a trance. She smiled kindly at him which made him feel giddy inside.

"Hello."

"Um L-Lucy right?" Cuphead stammered.

The girl nodded.

"Cuphead? That's your name, if I remember correctly." Lucy said.

Cuphead nodded.

"M-may I sit w-with you?" Cuphead asked.

Lucy nodded.

There was a mo,went of silence between the two of them. Cuphead swallowed hard as he broke the silence.

"U-um there's a g-game on Friday at sch-school I-I was wondering i-if you would l-like to...umm." Cuphead paused.

"W-would you like t-to go w-with me?" Cuphead asked.

Lucy stayed quiet but gave him a kind smile.

"Sounds like fun". Lucy said. "I would like that, yes I'll go with you." She said.

"R-really?" Cuphead asked.

Lucy nodded.

"It would be nice to get out of the house." Lucy said.

"O-oh okay." Cuphead smiled.

Lucy nodded and the two spoke again. Cuphead couldn't believe how much he talked. This had to be the longest he's ever talked. Talking with Lucy felt so nice and relaxing. He was happy to speak to her as she was happy to speak to him. Soon it was getting dark and Cuphead feared the darkness so he needed to cut things short and say farewell to Lucy before it gets too dark to see.

"G-goodbye Lucy. I-I'll see y-you soon." Cuphead said as he hurried home.

Lucy waved goodbye and headed the opposite direction towards her home.

Cuphead hurried home bit looking back and hoping that no one was following him. The small cup hurried home without looking back. He was almost close to home when he heard a familiar yet unwanted voice.

It was Jason.

He didn't think twice before running like a mad man and opening the door the house before slamming it shut. His brother alongside Elder Kettle have him a strange look as he came in and Cuphead could feel his face heat up in embarrassment. Jeez he must've looked liked a crazed person running from a monster.

"U-umm." Cuphead flushed pink.

Mugman laughed and smiled trying to ease the embarrassment but it only seemed to make Cuphead flush a deeper shade of pink. He must've looked ridiculous.

"Nice to see ya Cuphead." Mugman said.

Cuphead gave a weary smile and stuttered out a small hi and hurried upstairs.

"Dinner will be done in twenty minutes." Elder Kettle said.

"O-okay." Cuphead replied back.

The small cup headed to his room and took off his shoes taking deep breaths. Was he followed?! By Jason?! Why?! If that was the case Cuphead shivered at the thought of what he could do to him. The terrible memory of Jason ganging up on him and touching him hit Cuphead hard. The small cup whimpered as he was close to choking on tears. No! That could be anyone, he was safe. He was safe in this house with his grandfather and brother.

Cuphead slowly headed downstairs and saw that dinner was just about done. Wiping his eyes dry he sat down across from Mugman and messed around with his hoodie. Elder Kettle had finally turned off the stove and called the boys over. Mugman hopped up and headed to the kitchen, Cuphead following behind. Dinner tonight was chicken Alfredo.

"Dinner looks great Elder Kettle." Mugman said.

The wise Kettle chuckled.

"Thank you Mugman." Elder Kettle said smiling.

Cuphead stayed quiet as the two talked and laughed. Cuphead didn't say anything as he got his food and headed to the table not saying a word. He was lost in thoughts that were slowly turning sour. Cuphead shook his head shaking the thoughts away as he began eating. Mugman and Elder Kettle were talking about so,etching that Cuphead wasn't paying attention to.

The small cup finished his meal and thanked Elder Kettle before heading up to his room. He closed his door and took off his hoodie before rolling up his sleeves. Cuphead carefully took out a razor blade and lifted up his left arm.

And began cutting.

Cuphead could feel the nasty and sour thoughts leaving his mind and now he was at peace numb from the negative thoughts....for now. Cuphead wiped his face clean from tears and decided to head to bed for the night. Cuphead changed his clothes and flopped on his bed and crawled under his covers. Some sleep would probably do the trick. Cuphead grabbed hold of his glow in the dark plushie and slowly drifted to sleep.