Chapter 23 Emotional Outburst

Cuphead could feel his heart drop and walked a bit faster. He could hear the footsteps from the other boy run faster as well and Cuphead went into a full sprint. Cuphead didn't want to turn around and once he was in the cafeteria he tried to get lost in the crowd to avoid Jason in hopes of losing him. Finally Cuphead manages to lose Jason and the small cup had noticed Lucy and he approached her cautiously.

"H-hi Lucy." Cuphead said.

"Hello Cuphead." Lucy replied.

"C-can I sit w-with you?" Cuphead asked.

Lucy nodded.

Cuphead felt someone grab his shoulder and forcefully pulled him away. It was Jason. Cuphead shivered in his touch and didn't dare turn around. His heart was racing in fear and e cringed as Jason spoke as if trying to intimidate him.

"Hey pal, why'd ya leave me so soon?" Jason said still gripping Cuphead's shoulder.

The small toon trembled wanting to get away from Jason, to do anything to get away from his awful touch.

"L-let go o-of me." Cuphead said.

Jason didn't reply

"Aww come on bud, me and my friends wanna talk to you, alone." Jason said.

Cuphead froze and could feel his heart stop and his blood freeze. The memories of what Jason had done to him resurfaced and painful tears bubbles up at the covers of his eyes and he almost choked on a sob and whimpered softly. Lucy had stood up and stared down Jason.

"Leave him alone." Lucy said.

"What did you say?" Jason said in a threatening way.

Cuphead squeaked at the sound of Jason's voice but Lucy didn't seem fazed by him and stood her ground.

"He doesn't want to go with you, so leave him alone. " Lucy said in a much fermer tone.

"Aww, your his little girlfriend now? " Jason said mockingly.

"I'm not his girlfriend were only friends." Lucy replied.

Jason smirked still mocking the girl. Cuphead managed to loosen the grip and tried to run from the boy but was grabbed by the handle violently. Cuphead cried out in pain and but his lip as he saw out of the corner of his eyes that people were turning their heads to see what was all the commotion.

"Let him go Jason!" Lucy shouted.

"And why should I do that?" Jason said yanking Cuphead's handle,

"Cause if ya don't I'll knock your teeth out." A voice replied.

It was Mugman.

Cuphead felt a wave of relief struck him when he saw his brother. Jason stared down at Mugman and glared at him.

"Gotta protect your wussy brother!" Jason said mockingly with a hint of hatred.

Mugman glared at Jason and heavily stood his ground.

"Let him go." Mugman said.

"Or what?"

"Or this'll happen Jason." Lucy said annoyed.

Jason turned to face the girl and with swift movement she slapped his hard across the face. The force made Jason let go of Cuphead's handle and the small cup went free. Some of the students were shocked by what Lucy had done, others were impressed. Hitting the most popular boy in school the head quarterback. But that didn't stop Lucy from doing what she did. Cuphead was shocked by the girl's courageous act.

"Dumbass." Lucy hissed.

"This is why I will never take you back." Lucy said bitterly.

Wait?! what?!

Jason growled at her.

"Screw you Lucy! I don't need a skank like you!" Jason spat.

There was no reply from the girl.

Jason didn't say anything as he shoved past the three. Looks they had won. Cuphead turned to the two but felt terrible and happy that Lucy and Mugman saved him but felt terrible that he couldn't defend himself.

He was so weak completely worthless.

Cuphead swallowed down the sob that threatened to crawl out of his throat and softly thanked the two.

"Your welcome Cuphead. He deserved that." Lucy said.

"That's something I can agree on." Mugman said.

Cuphead still looked shaken up, he needed to be saved by his big brother and his new found friend.

"Your such a pathetic excuse for a brother. " his mind said.

"Cuppy?" Mugman asked getting concerned.

"You should have overdosed when you had the chance. " his mind spat at him.

"Cuphead?" Mugman said as he placed his hand onto his brother's shoulder.

Cuphead jerked away from Mugman hot tears falling from his eyes as he stared at them both.

"I-I'm going home!" He said turning around and taking off.

"Cuphead!" Mugman cried stunned by his brother's outburst.

He never saw that before, his brother looked so upset. He needed to go and follow him, he hasn't seen his brother this upset in a long time.