Chapter 36 Unfortunate news

Bethany and Rumor both stood still as they watched all the rest of the children who were in comas slowly arose out of bed and look around dumb founded. What was happening? Something was happening.....but what? This was far too spooky every child just seemingly awaking after being in a coma. One little girl was scribbling down a small drawing, Rumor Honeybottoms walked down next to the young girl and asked her kindly what she was drawing.

The small girl looked up and smiled she handed the picture to the bee women and to her surprise it was the same figure with big red eyes and a small cherry nose covered in all white which appeared to be an ora. This drawing looked almost exactly alike from the other picture the bot had drawn. When asked who the person was the little girl had replied with.

"He saved me." She said.

That was almost the exact same thing the little boy had said. Rumor nodded and slowly stood up and walked to Clawington who stood their speechless. She had never in her career had seen something like this before. It was just, it was just odd. She couldn't even describe what she was feeling right now. She snapped out of her thought and smiled at the bee nurse. Rumor smiled and rubbed her arm nervously.

"I....I see a pattern in this." Rumor Honeybottoms said.

"Pardon?" Bethany said confused.

"I mean the children say that some person or imaginary figure saved theme from their comas." Rumor explained.

Bethany wanted to ,agh at how ridiculous that sounded.

"Rumor are you saying this all happened in coincidence?" The bear asked.

"About five children have said the exact same thing and drawn the same figure." Rumor argued.

"They're children Rumor they'll say and do many strange things, having twelve children come here in comatose states and suddenly waking up out of the blue, only to call this whole thing a coincidence is highly unlikely. " Bethany said.

"Then what do you call all this?" The bee women.

"I don't know but I know this can't be a coincidence." Bethany argued.

"Then maybe it's a sign?" Rumor said.

"Oh Ms. Honeybottoms." Bethany sighed.

"Well it has to be why else would those children draw that imaginary figure." Rumor Honeybtooms argued..

"Because they want to, they are children after all Honeybottoms."

"I don't see it like that." The bee women said.

Ther was a moment of silence between the bear and the bee.

"You know that imaginary figure almost looks like one of the patients I was talking to last night." Rumor said.

"Oh really?" Bethany said.

The bee nurse nodded.

"Is that a coincidence too?"

Rumor Honeybottoms gave a glare before saying.

"No they're both very different, besides the imaginary one has a flower on its belly." Rumor said.

Cuphead rubbed his eyes as he sat up and looked around his room. The young toon grabbed his phone and began texting his brother, he must be in school or still getting ready for school.

:Cuphead: Mugman?

:Mugman: Hey morning bro :)

:Cuphead: Morning....um did the hospital tell you about the news with me?

:Mugman: I heard, Elder Kettle told me.

:Cuphead: Oh.

:Mugman: Hey don't worry I'll come over to see you.

:Cuphead: Can you pick up my homework? I don't wanna fall behind.

:Mugman: Sure.

:Mugman: Bus is here see you soon.

:Cuphead: Ok bye I love you.

:Mugman: I love you too Cuppy.

The text needed there. Cuphead placed his phone down and gave a small sigh. What was he supposed to do do now? He was bored....and a little hungry . He should probably get some breakfast, Cuphead got up and wobbled a bit using the bed to stable himself before he glanced at the wheelchair and scowled at it as if mentally challenging it. Cuphead hated it and decided to walk down to the cafeteria instead, comps,tell forgetting the fact that e could order at his room but didn't know how to so walking to the cafeteria was the best thing.

Cuphead was contemplating if he should wear the hospital gown or change his clothes but decided against it. He didn't make any eye contact with anyone as he walked down the hall to the cafeteria, he felt vulnerable being alone here and every time he saw someone smile at him he would look away and shutter. Cuphead was getting close to the cafeteria he could smell the food nearby. To his surprise Lucy was there, sitting alone and when she spotted Cuphead she smiled. The young toon hurried towards her and sat down across from her.

"L-Lucy?....w-what are y-you doing he-here?" Cuphead asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Lucy said.

"The d-doctors said th-that I have t-to stay an e-extra t-to days a-again." Cuphead said.

"I see." Lucy said.

"I-I don't wanna t-talk about i-it." Cuphead said.

Lucy nodded.

"If you wanna know what I'm doing here I'm playing hooky today." She replied.

"Oh." Cuphead said.

Lucy nodded. Cuphead and Lucy talked for awhile as Cuphead ate some eggs and bread for breakfast.

"I hear that the new student is Royal by blood but the that could just be a rumor. " Lucy said.

Cuphead nodded listening.

"D-do you know h-his name?" asked Cuphead.

Lucy shook her head.

"No, no one knows his name." Lucy said.

"But there are many rumors speculating about him." Lucy said.

"Like w-what?"

Lucy thought for a moment.

"Crazy things like he's a vampire or works for the Devil those crazy things, just dumb things you don't need to worry about." Lucy said.

"O-oh okay." Cuphead said.

Lucy looked away, something seemed off.

"I-is everything o-okay Lucy?" Cuphead asked.

Lucy looked up and gave Cuphead a sad smile.

"I'm going to be moving soon."

This caught the young cup off guard.

"T-to other i-isle?" Cuphead asked fearing the real truth behind what Lucy was saying.

The girl chuckled bitterly as she shook her head mumbling out gosh 'your so cute'

"No, Im leaving Inkwell isle and moving to mainland. " Lucy said.