Chapter 34 Something is happening

"I wonder where they went off to?" thought Cuphead.

"Mrs. Clawington?" Rumor Honeybottoms asked looking for the bear.

"Rumor?" Frank said coming over.

"Oh Frank, it's just you. How goes the signing and permission slips?" Rumor asked.

"Not good some of the parents are refusing to sign and others are getting either angry or distressed." Frank replied.

"But if we don't get those signatures we can't,-"

"I know." Frank said tiredly.

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Well I need to get back to delivering more permission slips. There's a whole lota more parents who need to sign this. " Frank said.

With that the firefly left the female bee alone. She felt helpless and she hated it. Something was wrong with these children and no doctor could seem to understand what was wrong. Rumor Honeybottoms hated this, she couldn't bare the thought of seeing twelve children pass away in their sleep. It was a horrific thought and quickly she shook her head to get rid of it. Rumor gave off a sigh that meant she needed to get to work and stay focused.

Exactly how many children were here? That's what Cuphead asked himself as he went on his way touching more stuffed animals who sounded like kids. He still hadn't a clue where they would go after the bright flash was gone but the crying and pleas stopped after he touched them.

Was he helping these kids?

Cuphead didn't know as he approached a stuffed dinosaur that spoke in a little boys voice. That boy sounded so young as so scared, he must be around five years old maybe three. The child cried softly whimpering before calling out to his mother.

"I want my mommy!" The child wailed.

Cuphead felt his chest ache as he stared down at the dinosaur he carefully picked it up before hugging it and the flash of bright light flashed by taking the stuffed animal with it. Cuphead slowly looked around for more children, to see if anyone needed help. As if on cue another boy called out for help and Cuphead began walking towards the sound.

Rumor Honeybottoms walked down the hall thinking of what to do about the twelve children, she was lost in thought that Clawington tapped her shoulder. The bee women jumped and smiled sheepishly at the bear.

"I was trying to look for you." The female bear said.

"Oh?"

Mrs. Clawington nodded as the two walked down the hall and Frank joined the explaining the news to Clawington, she was not happy about what Frank had to say but did her best to cover up her frustration and fear.

"Did you explain to them why we were doing this?" Bethany Clawington asked.

"Yes I have some still, refused to sign." Frank said.

Mrs. Clawington have an irritated sigh.

"We can't just do nothing, we have twelve children who are in comas we can't just-; "

The bear, firefly and bee stopped in the doorway of the children's unit and watched in pure shock as three children we sitting up in bed, looking around in a dazed stare. The three didn't speak they were speechless. How did this happen? They were in a coma and all of a sudden they woke up, this flabbergasted Bethany who watched as the three children rubbed their eyes. Finally Rumor spoke up.

"They're.....awake." She whispered in shock.

"That's? How?.....they were in a coma just a few hours ago." Bethany said.

Frank seemed too stunned to say anything.

"So how did this-;" Rumor stopped and shrieked as another child opened his eyes and began sitting up.

Then another one opened her eyes and did the same and then another and another. Something was happening, but what? How on earth were children waking up in the middle of a coma. It puzzled both the doctor and nurse.

What was happening.

There were now six children left who didn't wake up with Bethany now having herself all composed and turned to Rumor Honeybottoms and the two walked up to one of the children and asked them what happened before they went asleep but three was only so much that children could answer. Then a small boy with blonde hair and blue eyes spoke up. The child looked to be about three years of age. He was humming a soft tune while doodling on a piece of paper. Rumor Honeybottoms crouched down and gave the child a sweet smile.

"What are ya drawing sweet pea?" She asked.

The boy looked up and smiled.

"I'm drawing the person who saved me." The small boy said.

"Who saved you?" Rumor asked.

"Yeah from the monsters." The small boy replied.

Rumor Honeybottoms looked down and and the picture was of a small figure who was thin and all white except for their eyes and nose. Their eyes were big and red and they had a small cherry nose with a red flower on the side of its tummy. Despite the drawing being from a three year old boy Rumor smiled.

"That's very good Travis." Rumor Hineybottoms said.

The little boy beamed.

"Thank you." Travis said.

"Is this who saved you?" Asked the bee nurse and the tiny child nodded.

"It looks very nice."

"Thank you, when can I see my mommy?"

"Soon sweetie, soon." Rumor replied and turned around to head out with Clawington.

She seemed surprised and a little frightened, stuff like this doesn't just happen for no reason out of the blue yet she couldn't figure out what was happening to these children. Sure the children were waking up but the fact that she didn't know what was happening was irritating to her. Bethany gave another sign and kept a smile.

Cuphead walked around for what seemed like forever and listened to see any or hear any distressed children or stuffed animals. He did see one and began running to it but stopped when he saw something, it was another white figure. This figure was far away and when Cuphead turned around and back they were gone. Cuphead stood still but didn't want to lose focus on what he was suppose to do. The small toon began running again allowing the flash of blue light to reveal some stairs. Alright stairs, no problem he could do this.

"Someone please help me!" It was another boys voice.

Cuphead carefully walked up the stairs and was in view of the stuffed animal, it was a tiger that sat in the middle of the dark void. Cuphead could hear the panic come from the boy's voice. He called out for help and begged for someone to save him. The porcelain headed boy slowly approached the stuffed animal when he saw the figure. It had a pale body a square head and a lavender nose. The figure also sported dazzling bright emerald green eyes. Cuphead stared at those eyes for a moment before quickly looking away in embarrassment.

Cuphead felt his face heat up pink from embarrassment, he must've looked like a complete weirdo. The young cup shook his head as he needed to focus on what was important, saving that young boy. Cuphead slowly reached out to touch the stuffed animal and in the white bright flash of light the animal was gone.