Chapter 52 sadness and anxiety

(Sorry about the long wait I'm a little confused cause this was suppose to be chapter 53

Cuphead smiled and said goodbye to as Lucy headed out to her home. Cuphead walked up to his room and could feel his smile fading and dug into his hoodie pocket, there it was his razor blade. Cuphead took it out and closed his room door and pulled his sleeves up before dragging the blade against his sharp wrists. The small cup took deep breaths as he continued the warmth of his own blood spilling down his arms was a disturbing sight. Cuphead hissed as he created yet another mark and keeping all of this from his a secret from his brother and grandfather. If they knew all of this they might not treat him the same. They would be so disappointed.

"They wouldn't love you anymore." His mind spat.

Cuphead choked back a sob.

"They would hate you." His mind hissed at him.

Cuphead trembled.

"They would abandoned you."

"No!" The small cup sobbed out loud.

"Cuphead?" Mugman called from downstairs

Cuphead gasped shoving the razor back into his hoodie pocket and brought his sleeves down to cover the cut marks before locking his door. The young toon held his breath as he heard his brother speaking to him as he made his way up the stairs.

"Cuphead? Are you okay?" Mugman asked.

"Y-yeah." Cuphead stuttered.

"You sure? You sounded hurt." Mugman said.

"N-no I'm f-fine." Cuphead replied.

"Okay I'll be in my room if you need me." Mugman said.

"O-okay." Cuphead stuttered out whipping off his tear streaks and unlocking his door.

The small cup headed downstairs and tried to put on a happy face. So far Elder Kettle seemed to be,I've it. Mugman however wasn't so convinced, he knew when his brother was upset and he could definitely sense it. Cuphead didn't say anything while he ate so Mugman knew he had to say something.

"Cuphead?" Mugman asked.

"Y-yeah?" replied the small cup.

"Have you been crying?" The blue mug asked.

"E-eh? N-no." Cuphead lied beginning to hold his breath.

Mugman narrowed his eyes causing Cuphead to look away.

"I know when you've been crying. You can't fool me." Mugman told him.

Cuphead looked away.

"I-It doesn't m-matter." Cuphead said.

Mugman didn't like that answer.

"If somethings bothering you than it does matter." Mugman said.

"I-I d-don't want t-to talk a-about it." Cuphead argued.

Mugman looked at his brother and sighed.

"Alright but let me know if anything happens, I hate seeing you so down." Mugman told his brother.

After dinner the small toon walked up into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. The young boy turned the faucet to the shower on and and slowly began slipping of his clothes as he did this he could have sworn someone was watching him. The small cup looked around the bathroom and there was no one except him. Cuphead pushed the thoughts aside and got into the shower the small boy sighed contently as he felt the warm water hit his body and once he was done he turned off the faucet and dried himself off. As he he did so he felt the feeling of someone watching him much stronger than before. Cuphead looked around and carefully got out and headed to his room to change.

Cuphead dried himself off again and threw on his pajamas before crawling under the covers holding onto his stuffed bear plush close to him before slowly falling asleep. When he woke up he did his usual morning routine and and headed downstairs making sure to cover the cut marks. Mugman greeted him with his usual happy go lucky attitude and Cuphead was grateful for it. It sometimes brightened up his day.

"Ready for school bro?" Mugman asked him.

"Y-yeah." Cuphead said.

"You meant to say no and that you don't want to go." His mind said to him Cuphead ignored that voice in the back of his mind.

Cuphead looked down and headed outside as he followed his brother outside and hopped onto the bus taking his seat and looking out the window hoping the day would end peacefully instead of ending in conflict. Cuphead watched as the other students got on the bus and once they caught a glimpse of him they glared, snickered and whispered to one another. The young toon cup looked away and couldn't help but feel painful tears bubble up at the corners of his eyes he inhaled a sharp breath as he watched Lucy abroad the bus and sat beside him. Cuphead felt his anxiety vanish snd for s moment he felt safe, it felt really nice.