Chapter 8 Skipping school

(In this chapter we get to see Mugman and Cala Maria featured in this story. I hope you all like it, don't forget to leave a comment down below.)

A way for him to escape his harsh reality....sleeping. Cuphead took a few deep breaths as he crawled under his covers and held his stuffed glow in the dark plushie close as he tries to drift to sleep. He really don't want to go to school tomorrow.

Cuphead could hear footsteps coming from somewhere and then felt someone shake him. It was Mugman. Cuphead rubbed his eyes and looked up at his brother tiredly.

"M-Mugs?" Cuphead said softly.

Mugman smiled kindly down at his younger brother before replying.

"Hey, we'll be late if you don't-;""

"I d-don't feel good." Cuphead interrupted.

"What?"" Mugman asked a bit confused.

"I-I don't f-feel good." Cuphead repeated.

Mugman stared down at his brother and sat on the edge of his bed and began to speak to speak to him.

"I'm guessing this has to do with Jason threatening you." Mugman said.

Cuphead was a but shocked and looking away and pressing his face to his pillow. He didn't think his own brother knew.

"How did you?-;"

"One of Jason's friends blabbed about it and I just so heard about it." Mugman said interrupting Cuphead.

Cuphead stared at Mugman then looked away.

"I don't w-wanna go." Cuphead whispered as he buried himself under his covers and shifted a little.

It tugged at Mugman's heartstrings as his younger brother was so scared that he didn't even want to go to school.

"Okay."

"Wh-what?" Cuphead asked glancing up at his older brother.

"I said okay, I'll go tell Elder Kettle you're not feeling too well. While I'm at school I'm gonna take care of Jason. Don't you worry lil bro I'm gonna take care if this." Mugman said and gave his younger brother a soft kiss on the forehead which Cuphead flinched a little but slowly calmed down knowing that it was only his brother.

"I'll see you soon Cuppy, I love you." Mugman said.

Cuphead stared at Mugman and smiled at him.

"I-I love you too Muggy," Cuphead said softly.

Mugman smiled genuinely at his brother and heard Elder Kettle call him and Cuphead downstairs; telling them that the bus would be here soon. Mugman naturally called out that he would be down in a minute.

"I'll see you later."

"G-goodbye." Cuphead said and watched his brother leave his room and close his bedroom door.

Mugman made his way downstairs and told Elder Kettle his goodbye and that he loved him before swinging the front door open and heading outside. The sky was a gentle blue, and there were a few clouds out and about., even the sun poked out through the clouds making Mugman smile.

However he needed to teach Jason a lesson about messing with his brother. And now this jerk had the audacity to attempt to beat up his brother?! Oh no, Mugman would make sure he did something. He wasn't scared of Jason like Cuphead was.

Mugman hopped onto the bus and the blue mug took his seat. Along the way during the ride Mugman felt a pair of arms wrap around him. Mugman couldn't contain a smile as he sniffed at the sweet scent of perfume.

"Helloo~." A sweet voice said.

Ah Cala Maria. A beautiful drop dead gorgeous mermaid. She was also the head captain of the high school's cheerleading team and Mugman's former girlfriend. The two surprisingly met during the first day of school. Mugman was a bit hesitant on approaching the mermaid but a little help from some of his friends he walked up to her before introducing himself and saying what club he was in.

Cala Maria surprisingly was kind and sweet, not what Mugman was expecting at all. He assumed that all cheerleaders would go out with the football players and pat no mind to the other boys, however Cala Maria was completely different. Mugman was shocked that she was the head captain of the cheer team and here she was making small talk with him.

Cala Maria giggled as she pecked Mugman on the cheek earning a soft chuckle from the blue mug who kissed her back sweetly.