2

CHAPTER TWO; THE HYBRID

The next morning carol is in her living room staring at the ground right where Cassie and Caroline had collapsed and she let out a sigh as she picked up a shot of vervain and poured herself a small glass of scotch

The next morning carol is in her living room staring at the ground right where Cassie and Caroline had collapsed and she let out a sigh as she picked up a shot of vervain and poured herself a small glass of scotch. The Lockwood women had paused and thought for a minute before opening up the shot of vervain and she had poured it into her into the coffee pot, picking up her speed and hiding the container in her pocket as she heard Tyler coming down stairs.

"Hey, Mom." Tyler smiles as he walks into the room and kisses his mother's cheek carol sends him a tight smile before quickly backing away from the coffee pot.

"Morning, sweetheart." Carol says as Tyler starts to leave the room "coffees hot"

Tyler stopped for a minute before going over to the coffee pot and pouring him self a small cup of coffee and carol watches her son nervously hoping that he will take a sip and not be pained.

"Rough night?" Tyler asked her noticing how nervous she was and
carol forced out a chuckle nodding.

"Uh. Rough week. I'm a little stressed." Carol had informed him "you?"

"Feeling pretty good." Tyler stated with a smile on his face.

"You know if you're gonna bring a girl home, I wish she'd have the tact to not sneak out like a prostitute." Carol said grabbing Tyler's attention.

"I'm sorry." Tyler sighed before going towards the door but he paused for a minute to think, pulling his eyebrows together in confusion "she snuck out?"

"With her little friend Caroline." Carol had just hummed in response and nodded her head while Tyler had just shrugged it off and took a sip of his coffee without any problems which carol took notice to.

"Woah." Tyler let out pulling a face and carols face had instantly dropped as fear had taken over her body but she had soon calmed down forcing a smile onto her face as Tyler spoke up again "think the creams gone bad."

Carol finds herself smiling in relief as Tyler sets down the coffee and she wipes the sweat off her forehead when she knows for sure that he isn't looking. "Don't Wait up tonight." Tyler tells her remembering that it's a full moon and he kisses his cheek before starting to walk out of the room but stops again.

"Oh, and Cassie, she's not a prostitute." Tyler says before smiling and walking out of the house and once he is gone carol swiftly pulls out her phone and dials the first number she can think of.

"Bill, it's, Uh, carol Lockwood." The older women sighs into the phone "I've gotten myself into a bit of a vampire situation."

,

Elena and Tyler are seated at table at the grille while Alaric is watching the two from bar closely, letting out a deep sigh as he took a sip from her bourbon.