10

CHAPTER TEN; THE NEW DEAL

I laid stilled on my bed, my eyes staring up at the ceiling as I was curled up under the covers, my mind wondering back to my fight with Tyler

I shifted in my spot as I saw familiar strawberry blonde in my doorway and I turned on my side, so I wouldn't have to meet her green orbs that would always know whenever something was bothering me.

There was a part of me that thought that we were soul mates, the kind of friends that could read each other easily, the kind who would marry each other if they both weren't married by a certain age, and the ones who would have celebrated each other's accomp-lishments, we were the type of friends who couldn't live without each other and would do anything to make the other to smile.

A few nights earlier

I ran out of my house and down the driveway as tears streamed down my pale Face, my heart thudding against my chest at the thought of losing him.

"Tyler, please! I'm sorry." I cried as the rain poured all over my body and he turned back towards me and away from his car and he shook his head.

"No, you're not, Cassie." He spoke sadly as he stared back at me "maybe we never should have done this? You won't every see me as anything other than your fuckup best friend."

"No, that's not true!" I yelled as he ripped the door to his car opened and climbed into the car swiftly. "Tyler, that's not true, I promise you that's not true. I promise you. It's not true."

He looked back at me, sparing me one last sad look "goodbye, Cassie."

I began sobbing uncontrollably as I watched his car speed away from the house, my heart aching in my chest almost identical to when I found in the woods that night and a small whimper soon escaped my small lips "I love you"

It was too late, he was gone.

Present time

"Why haven't you called me back?" Serena asked as she walked into the room and I stayed in my place, my eyes staring at the wall with the plain white color painted on the walls.

"What's the point." I had murmured after licking over my small chapped lips  "What's the point of anything really?"

"Hey, what's going on?" Serena asked coming towards my face and I had continued staring at nothing.

"You know, when I turned... I felt totally miserable, I didn't want to keep breathing, I just wanted to be dead, but there was one person who actually got me through it, everyone thought they were helping, but they were helping but they weren't, nobody was, except Tyler" I sighed as I missed his warmth and how he held me close to his body protectively while I was sleeping.

"Cassie." Serena spoke softly her eyes staring at my brown ones "What's going on? What happened?"

My lips parted at the question as my heart clenched in my chest and I pulled my eyes shut quickly as I saw him back in my mind. The way he looked so hurt as he stared at me, it could have killed me just then and there.