40

CHAPTER FORTY;
AMERICAN GOTHIC

CHAPTER FORTY; AMERICAN GOTHIC

Cassie's outfit;

After our call with Damon last night, Stefan and I hit the road and went to pick Damon up in New York after Elena and Rebekah had ditched him and stole his car, and then we went off to wherever the two girls had ditched Damon's car, before we plan...

After our call with Damon last night, Stefan and I hit the road and went to pick Damon up in New York after Elena and Rebekah had ditched him and stole his car, and then we went off to wherever the two girls had ditched Damon's car, before we planned on finding the two girls before they found the cure.

"If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car..." Damon grumbled as we got out of Stefan's car and he held two containers filled with gasoline in his hands.

"Well, just be grateful sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, Uh, steal it from you." Stefan told him and I let out a sigh as I pushed my hair behind my ears.

"Hey. I'm not the only one who screwed last night." Damon quickly said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't screw up." I spoke up and he glared at me as we walked over to his blue car.

"Cassie, you screwed up. As soon as you admit that, we can all move on from this." He said and I just gave him a blank look.

"Damon, I didn't screw up, ok?" I told him sternly and from the corner of my eye I could see Stefan raising an eye brow between the two of us "everyone I ever loved has died, I won't be able to save everyone, but at least this way I can save the ones that mattered and really got to me."

"What Kol?" Damon hissed

"Come on, guys." Stefan sighed

"No, not just Kol!" I snapped, "Jeremy, and Alaric. You have no idea what it feels like, to lose your brother. And the only person who's ever acted like a real father to you."

Damon stared at me with furrowed brows and I let out a sigh and before running my hands over my face, "look, no, hate on my adoptive dad or anything, I loved him, I did. Really did, but it just seemed like he favored Elena. I could never really talk to him about the things that mattered, with Alaric I could. And if it means bringing every supernatural creature that we've gone up against to get Alaric, and jeremy, and even Ian back... then I'm okay with that."