5

CHAPTER FIVE;
THE RECKONING

"Ah come on! Seriously?!" Caroline shouted in annoyance as the door opened, the lights were flicked on and all the mouse traps went off making me huff out "Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?"

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked from besides me.

"Clearly." Matt snapped out of breath with sweat all over his forehead. I could hear his heart beating against his chest.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like the first day of freshman year." I spoke up

"Yeah, Matt, if I'm doing this, you're doing this" Elena said pointing her flashlight at the Donovan boy.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you
are doing this." Matt stated and
Tyler threw his hands up in the air.

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie said

"She's not making me." Serena spoke up.

"We're about to be seniors." Caroline sighed out "these are the memories that stay with us forever, and if we don't—"

"If we don't create these memories now then what's the point of of it all?" Elena cut in and I giggled.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care." Caroline spoke up.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler said and I gave him a fake pout making him playfully rolled her brown eyes at me.

"Come on." He chuckled grabbing my hand and I giggled as the two of us had quickly ran out of the room.

Tyler and I made our way towards a couple other freshman boys with all our supplies in our hands and I smiled

"Get the faculty toilet seats." Tyler had whispered to them

"oh, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go." I quickly added and we all walked off together passing by Elena on the way.

,

I was pouring honey onto a door knob when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and I smiled knowing that it was Tyler. He kissed my shoulder and then my head and I let out a sigh.

"Do you think Matt's going to be ok?"
I asked and Tyler pulled away from me and gave me an weird look.

"I'm kissing you and you're wondering about Matt?" Tyler questioned playfully and I let out a sigh before facing him.

"I'm asking you if you think our friend, who we both deeply care about, is ok." I spoke softly and Tyler stared at me for a minute not uttering a word before he had taken in a deep breath.

"He think he probably doesn't have a lot of people to talk to anymore." Tyler stated and I nodded slowly getting lost in thought already "And i think he's struggling more than he lets on. I think that I love how big your heart is."