22

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO;
THE DEPARTED

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO; THE DEPARTED

Cassie's outfit;

"She's gonna be fine, she got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about

"She's gonna be fine, she got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about." I heard Meredith tell Jeremy as I was on the phone with Stefan and Damon.

"But the collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy told her.

"You did what?" Damon asked in disbelief, snapping me back in the current conversation I was in.

"I took her to the hospital Damon, when you find your sister unconscious, you call 911." I told him.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" Damon yelled, "I mean, hell. Cassie. You're a vampire for god sakes."

"By didn't you just feed her your blood?" Stefan asked me and I let out a deep sigh.

"You guys aren't listening to me. God, I tried. She each time she would just spit it back up, she was moving, I wasn't even sure she was breathing, I didn't know what to do! So I took her to the hospital for fucks sakes." I informed them and there was a long silence before one of them decided to speak up

"Every remaining original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric." Stefan pointed out, "she's a sitting duck in there."

"She's my sister, ok?" I snapped, "I'll protect her, I'll do whatever it takes, Hell I'll probably do more than either than you can."

"Cassie get Elena home." Damon hissed, "we're on our way."

"Dick." I muttered as he hung up the phone and I looked back towards Jeremy who was now alone and staring at Elena through the window. "Hey."

"Hey, what'd they say?" Jeremy asked

"About that." I said before walking into the room and Jeremy followed after me as I unplugged Elena from all of the machines and lifted her up in my arms and rushed up.

"Seriously." I heard Jeremy groan, "I'm still human here!"

✖️