37

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN; STAND BY ME

Cassie's outfit;

I'm sitting in the kitchen holding a glass filled with blood in my hands while Caroline and Erica are both trying to clean up the kitchen when I suddenly heard the door swings open and I slowly walk to the living room just as Elena walks into the ...

I'm sitting in the kitchen holding a glass filled with blood in my hands while Caroline and Erica are both trying to clean up the kitchen when I suddenly heard the door swings open and I slowly walk to the living room just as Elena walks into the house.

"Hey, you're home." Caroline called out, I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol-" Caroline stops herself and my glass slips from my hands and shatters all over the ground and the blood scatters all along the ground as I see Stefan walking into the house with Jeremy in his arms. "I couldn't get the spot out."

Jeremy's not moving a muscle like he usually would when he's sleeping making my breathe hitch in my throat as I felt panic take over my body.

"What happened?" I asked with teary eyes as I felt my heart aching in my chest and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"He's dead." Elena said, before quickly heading towards the stairs, "but don't worry. He was wearing his ring, he'll come back."

Elena slowly turned towards Stefan and gestured for him to follow After her, "come on, let's get him upstairs."

Stefan followed after Elena and I watched them as a single tear slid down my face and I looked at Erica and Caroline who both looked over at me with cautious And wary eyes.

"Cassie-" Caroline started but before she could get another word out I used my vampire speed and sped out of the house as fast as I could.

✖️

I let out a growl as blood dripped down from my mouth and a animalistic noise left my lips as I ripped into the two poor boys neck but I couldn't bring myself to care.

My brother was dead, so is Alaric, and Kol, and now Tyler's gone. And I found myself mad at him for leaving me just as my brother died.

Something about me doesn't feel right anymore, I didn't feel normal. All I wanted to do was kill people, and all I craved was blood. I couldn't control it.