33

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE; CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Cassie's outfit;

-

"Why did you want me to come with again?" I asked Elena as the two of us trudged through the woods together and she looked over at me.

Elena was going to our lake house for some reason, and she invited me along to come with her, I wanted to stay with Tyler but he told me he wanted to be alone, so I went with Elena to the lake house, not wanting to push him on that

"Well... Matt's going to be there." Elena told me and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"So?" I asked and she looked at me weirdly.

"So? So I think you two have a few things to talk about." She stated and
I let out a sigh as I stared at my twin sister trying to see her point.

"Like what?" I wondered aloud

"Like, I don't know, the fact that you're having his baby." Elena said making me bite down on my lip lightly, "like who's he gonna stay with, what's his name is gonna be, how you're gonna juggle school, and taking care of a kid, how you'll afford diapers, bottles, and food for him."

"You're thinking too much about this?" I sighed.

"Am I?" Elena suddenly snapped, taking me by surprise, "I think you're not thinking enough about it. Cassie, you have an amazing gift, one that I won't ever have, none of us ever will. And I think you should consider yourself lucky, you get to have a child, a son, which is something I've always wanted for you... and myself."

My mouth drops as sadness takes over her facial features and I open myself to say something but the sound of the leaves crunching and people running through the woods caught my attention

Making me furrow my eyebrows before the smell of blood filled my noise and I looking around just as Elena had and I pushed my hair over my shoulder before putting my hands on my hips.

"Do you smell that?" I asked and Elena nodded her head.

"Blood." She breathed out

A familiar scream fills my ears and my eyes widen as I tried to remember who's voice it was, I know that it was someone important, someone important to me.