39

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE; BECAUSE THE NIGHT

Cassie's outfit;

I sat in my room with the letter Tyler had written me, all crumbled up with Caroline watching me extremely closely as I held a lighter in my other hand

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline asked me nervously and I barely looked up to meet her soft eyes, while were just hard and cold.

"Yes." I said bluntly

"Cassie, are you Alright?" She asked

"Yes!" I snapped at her, "I'm fine, ok? I just don't want to be reminded of the one person I want more than anyone else and cannot have, so please! Just shut up and let me do this."

Caroline shut her mouth as I lit up the lighter and moved it close to the letter but the voice of one Caroline Forbes had stopped me.

"I just-"

"Caroline!" I shouted harshly, "either get on board with this or get out."

Caroline looked at me in shock before she slowly nodded her head and I let out a sigh before looking back towards my letter and lighting up the lighter again.

I slowly moved the lighter towards the letter and watched as it set on fire, I watched as the flame overtook the small letter and I got up from the bed and threw it into the waste bin before it could burn my fingers.

✖️

Caroline and I are downstairs cleaning up the mess that Elena left with that party last night, I haven't seen her since she tried to kill Caroline last night but I wasn't really complaining either.

I turn my head and watch as Caroline drinks alcohol from one of the many cups that was left behind and I wrinkle my nose before opening my mouth to say something but the voice that came out wasn't my own.

"Desperate times, I take it?" Klaus said and I turned towards him and I just narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance

"What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.