Chapter 1

I was running as fast I could. I heard the footsteps behind me and the helicopter above me. I was being chased by S.H.I.E.L.D for robbing a large bank in Paris. I know what your thinking, why would S.H.I.E.L.D be after you, your just a common criminal. I am much more than that. I am Flairess Ninetales and I am a mutant. I can control fire and I am psychic. I also can create force fields, change my appearance at will, teleport, and make fire. Did I mention I turn into the pokemon Ninetales?

Anyway, I've been on the run for a couple years now trying to avoid them but now they're too close for comfort. I'm a world known theif with a strong government agency on my tail, who wouldn't be uncomfortable?

I managed to slip behind a dumpster and they passed me. Morons. I would have to sit low for a while so I sat behind the dumpster quietly. Might as well describe myself. I have an athletic build with pale skin dappled by freckles. My hair is red-orange and just below my shoulder. I also have red eyes, creepy right? I have cream colored fox ears and nine long, cream, orange tipped tails. I have heightened senses as well so it makes it easier to escape. Right now I was wearing my 'work' outfit. It was a bikini looking suit that was a cream color which faded into orange at the edges. (Think of black canary from justice league only not black and without the other stuff). I had boots that were the same color (styled like wonderwomans).

Anyway back to the current situation. I had to escape but how? I looked around and noticed that they were gone from the alley. I changed my appearance to a blonde woman's with blue eyes and tanned skin (I made my non-human features disappear of course). I changed my outfit to a pink sundress, white flats, and a white coach purse. I walked slowly out of the alley and acted as natural as possible. I had walked a little ways (I was headed to my apartment) when I was stopped by a man in a black suit and dress shoes. His name tag read Coulson. "Have you seen this woman?" he held up a picture of me not in disguise. I pulled on a fake french accent and replied "No I don't believe I have-wait a minute isn't that the famous burglar Flairess Ninetales?" I asked in fake but believable shock. "Yes madam, have you seen her?" he asked with hope in his voice. I shook my head and he walked away to the next civilian.

I continued to my apartment and once inside closed the door and locked it. I had come real close to getting caught this time and I mentally punched myself for not being more careful. I made sure no one could see in the small room and searched for any surveillance devices. None. Perfect, I thought as I opened my purse. The 100,000 dollars was still there. I let out a breath of relief. I put it in my now full safe and sat on the bed. I wouldn't have to "go out" as I called it for a while. I changed back to my normal self and took the suit off. I hopped in and out of the shower quickly, put on some pj's and dozed off in my bed, ready to relax.