chapter 5

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update. I couldn't find time to write. 

Anyway, some of you nominated me and some of my stories to 'The Fiction Awards 2018' and i just want to say thank you! If you have time, kindly nominate my stories guys! Thank you in advance:) 

This is the link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/132077463-the-fiction-awards-2018

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

STEPHEN's POV

I let out a litany of curses as I put the ice pack on my swollen cheek. That tigress really got me there. I didn't expect for her to have that capability of punching someone, let alone a man. I already knew that she's kind of boyish in some way years ago but it didn't occur to me that she had the guts to actually hit me.

"Sh*t!" I hissed. I must admit, she really got me good there. She's the first ever female who ever landed a punch on me. Well, not that there were women who tried to hit me aside from those I've encountered on my missions. Those women are on way different category than normal women though.

I shook my head and then removed the ice pack from my cheek and put it in the small bowl. I leaned back my head on the headrest of the couch and closed my eyes trying to relax my senses.

"What are you doing, T?" I asked myself. Yes, I felt like I haven't been thinking straight since I decided to be Kelly's bodyguard. I don't even know why I needed to be beside her like this. I knew from the beginning that I didn't need to accept the job.

I could fulfill my agenda even if I am not by her side. I didn't need to be her bodyguard but I couldn't resist it and agreed instead. I don't know why I had to see her again and her beautiful face made my world turn upside down again. She has that strong effect on me that it even affected my decision-making.

Her effect on me was the same as that day when I first laid my eyes on her. Everything that I felt during that first encounter came back to me when I saw her again. I thought I already forgot about her but now, those feelings were all coming back to me.

I knew that I didn't have the right to feel this way because I knew from the beginning that she doesn't belong to me but my heart was unstoppable. I heaved a frustrated sigh then my face hardened.

No! I need to maintain my cold behavior towards her in order for her to hate me even more. I need to make sure that my feelings for her would never reach her because I made a promise not to love her. She belonged to someone else. Even if I wanted to, I would never have the chance to show her the real me and let myself get that chance to own her which I didn't have years ago. I've never had that chance...

I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard the door opened.

"What happened to you, T? You look like a mess" the amused voice of my friend who invited himself to my home without even knocking before entering. Well correction, this is not my home. This is just my temporary place that Mrs. Knight gave me while guarding Kelly. I don't need to ask him how he managed to find my place because he's not an agent for nothing.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was standing at the middle of the living room while staring at the bruise on my face while trying his best not to laugh at me. Just like usual, he has his spiky edge hair.

"What are you here?" I asked with a lazy tone and put my feet atop the coffee table.

"Well, I am bored with my life and I made the right decision of coming over here because now, I am seeing something amusing" he answered as he sat on the single sofa across me. I almost rolled my eyes because of what he said.