chapter 35

A/N: Hi guys! To those who took their time to report my stolen story on Webnovel, thank you! I appreciate it :)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

KELLY's POV

I didn't know how long I was closing my eyes like that. I was scared of opening my eyes and see that Stephen was already lifeless from being shot. I could already picture his bloody body inside my head and it was giving me an unexplainable feeling.

My entire body went numb while I just continued crying hopelessly. The brave and tough me suddenly became like a helpless baby. I heard someone groaning in pain followed by a deafening silence.

I wanted to rush to him but my body went frozen.

Then I heard some voices all of a sudden but what they were saying didn't register on my mind. I felt like my brain stopped working. I couldn't think anymore.

"Xuxu..." I heard that voice but I didn't open my eyes. It sounded like it came from a distant.

I refused to open my eyes and see what was happening around me. Then I felt someone touched my cheeks. His warm palms felt so good against my skin. It brought me calmness and a safety feeling.

"Xuxu, open your eyes" he uttered. Was I hearing things? Was that Stephen Tyler?

My heart was still beating rapidly because of horror but it slowed down when I heard his voice. I slowly opened my eyes. Those tantalizing eyes of his were staring at me lovingly. He had a smile on his face. Tears welled my eyes even more.

"Hey, stop crying. I'm here. I'm alive" he said gently and then took my hands. He placed my palms on his cheeks, making me touch him, as if giving me assurance that I wasn't just seeing things.

"Y-You're alive. Y-You're fine" I mumbled as I touched his cheek. His smile widened and then nodded his head. He raised his hand and then wiped my tears.

"Stop crying. I hate seeing you cry because it hurts me double. Your smile gives me the strength to survive each passing day. It gives me the courage to fight any battle. It serves as my sunshine and it makes me braver. That's what your effect on me. I'm sorry for making you cry again but I am here now" he kissed my forehead full of love. Overwhelming happiness flowed in my heart as I sighed in relief.

I thought I already lost him. I thought he got shot but I was wrong! Before I could even stop myself, I embraced him tightly, uncaring of what was happening around us anymore. His smile made me think that everything was alright; that there wasn't any danger anymore.

His body went still because of what I did but it was just for a second.

I felt him hug me back. His arms wrapped around me tightly, possessively. I felt him kissed the top of my head.

"I thought he got you. I thought you got shot. I thought you died on me and left me" I cried as I burrowed my face against his hard chest.

I didn't care if he would see me become weak like this, crying for him. All I wanted to do was to hug him and make sure that I wasn't just dreaming that he was fine.

"Thankfully, our reinforcements arrived on time. Cyrus and the others made it. I thought I was going to die a while ago while Ace was pointing his gun at me. I was staring at you the entire time because the last thing that I wanted to see and etched on my mind before I die was your pretty face" my sobs became louder upon hearing that.