chapter 32

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

KELLY's POV

I woke up with an empty feeling inside my chest. Instead of getting up right away, I stared at the ceiling for I didn't know how long. It has been a week ever since I've discovered about Stephen's lies. No. Calling him Stephen would be ridiculous because I learned that my ex-boyfriend from three years ago has the same first name as him because they're actually identical twins.

A pained smile occurred on my lips upon remembering Stephen Tyler and his betrayal. The pain in my heart never lessened ever since that confrontation day and I didn't know what to do anymore. I felt like every day that passed without talking to him was adding to the pain in my chest as well.

I admit that I missed him so much. I missed his touch, his kisses and his presence but it wasn't that simple anymore.

He had been trying to talk to me these past few days but I chose to not listen to his lies anymore. I avoided him because I didn't know how to feel and how to act in front of him. I couldn't accept how much he played me without me even realizing it.

I gave him my whole heart and it pained me thinking that he never loved me the same way. He deliberately made me fall in love with him and even pretended to be his twin. I couldn't believe that our happy days would be ended with such kind of painful revelation from him.

I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard my phone ring. I reached for it on the bedside table and then checked who the caller was.

To my surprise, it was Thunder. I answered immediately.

"Hello, sir" I uttered formally. This was the first time that he contacted me after the incident at TBJ headquarters where Stephen Tyler barged in and took something from the vault. He had forbid me to take part of any missions after that.

I suddenly remembered what Stephen Tyler told me about him. Until now, I still couldn't believe it but I couldn't just judge him just like that. I need to know his side of the story as well. I wanted to believe into Stephen Tyler but he lied to me big time about so many things and my trust for him got tainted already.

Uncle Lucas had been a good friend to my father. I never saw him do anything bad. When I joined the organization, I even admired him more because of what he does. He protects people.

"Come to the headquarters, agent Ivy. I will send Ace to pick you up because we moved to a different place after that incident a few weeks ago" I was surprise to hear that they actually abandoned our old headquarters. Well, it was understandable.

"Okay, sir. I'll wait for him here" after the call, I quickly got up and then went to the bathroom and did my morning hygiene routine. After that, I went out of my room and then ate my breakfast.

While I was waiting for Ace to arrive, I finally came to a final decision. I didn't have any trust in TBJ anymore after what happened. Even though I wasn't sure if I could trust the twins either, I realized that Stephen Tyler doesn't have any reason to create a false story about Thunder.

I would be graduating from college next month anyway and as promise to my father, I would quit the organization. Before, I didn't have any plan of quitting because I loved my job, but now, everything was different.

I didn't even know if I made the right decision of joining them from the beginning because if Stephen's story was true, then they're the same as the people we chase after. I've been serving the wrong organization all along.

Then Ace finally arrived.

"How have you been doing? Everything at TBJ is different when you're not around" Ace said out of the blue while we're inside his car going to our destination.