chapter 36

A/N: Since this story is near its ending, I will update if the comments reach 50+. Happy reading, guys!

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

KELLY's POV

I looked at my wristwatch as I impatiently tapped at the arm of my chair. Then the blaring sound of the bell rang throughout the entire school. I abruptly stood up from my seat and then was about to rush towards the door to leave the room when I heard a voice.

"Hi, Kelly. It's been a while" it was Mike. He has a reluctant expression on his face. This was the first time that he approached me since that incident when Stephen kissed me in front of him. He told me that it was better for him to keep his distance from me because he didn't want to cause any problem in Stephen and I's relationship.

He accepted my offer as a friend but we haven't hang out ever since then. We just greet each other whenever we see each other in the school premises but we haven't talked any longer than that. Even though we're classmates in a few subjects, he chose to seat far from me.

"Yes. It's been a while even though we see each other everyday. How are you now?" the reluctance on his face disappeared. His eyes shone with gladness.

"I'm fine. I missed hanging out with you though" his tone became sad and I suddenly felt guilty. I avoided hanging out with him just like before because I didn't want Stephen and me to fight. Knowing him, he's a very possessive man. I mentally shook my head.

"We can still hang out together sometimes. We still have a week left before graduation so I want to make the best out of it"

"But your boyfriend will get mad if he saw me hanging out with you for sure" I sighed and then forced a smile.

"It's okay" it was all that I could say. Since Syril woke up and after that encounter that happened between us and Uncle Lucio, we haven't had a chance to talk properly yet. Yes, I told him that we would talk about us when the right time comes but until now, I was still confused.

I've been busy with my studies and I purposely didn't visit them. Even though I knew where they reside right now, I decided to just give a time for everything to settle down first before we could talk.

I didn't know why but knowing that Stephen Syril was now finally awake, I felt like I needed to talk to him first before I could properly face Stephen Tyler and settle things between us.

"Are you sure?" the voice of Mike pulled me put of my deep thoughts. I forced a smile and then nodded my head.

"Yes. I'm sure. Anyway, I really need to go now. See you around" his smile widened and this time, he looked happy.

I went out of the room and then directly strode towards the gate. I looked around but my grandparents' driver hasn't arrived yet.

Cyrus stopped being my bodyguard now and even though my grandma wanted to hire another one to guard me, I insisted that I didn't need one. She was so against my decision but when my father told her that I would be fine on my own, she finally conceded.

Stephen quit his job as well and decided to concentrate on Syril. His vendetta finally came to an end especially now that Horeeya is gone.

Cyrus called me the other day and informed me that Uncle Lucio finally spilled all the things that he knew about Horeeya. Because of the information that he gave, they finally located their new camp and managed to eradicate the remaining members of that terrorist group.

Syril is finally safe now because those people who were planning to kill him finally got caught. Some of them got killed because they fought against the soldiers.