chapter 31

A/N: This chapter is kinda sad and emotional. I hope you like it :)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

KELLY's POV

I couldn't move my body for a minute or so. I remained rooted on my feet while staring at him in shock. I couldn't fathom the fact that another Stephen was in front of me. I wanted to think that this was just a bad dream but I knew very well that everything was really happening.

Just one look at the bracelet that he was wearing, I finally connected every piece of the puzzle. I finally understood everything because I was the one who gave him that.

I bit my trembling lip as my tears fell continuously. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Even though he almost looked lifeless, thin, very sick and pale, his face was undeniably very similar to Stephen. I looked at the apparatus that were attached to his body in order to keep him alive.

My trembling hand covered my lips as I couldn't get my eyes off of him.

Even though I felt numb and weak all over, I finally managed to move my feet. I was about to walk towards him when I felt a presence behind me followed by a cock of a gun. I didn't even notice that someone was already approaching behind me because my mind was still hazy and I couldn't think straight. I was overwhelmed.

"Who are you?" I heard an unfamiliar voice asked. I didn't answer. I remained staring at the patient that was lying there in the bed as I balled my fists.

"Turn around!" the man ordered. I slowly obliged and faced him. He looked surprised upon seeing me.

"Ms. Knight?" that surprised me but I couldn't even react. My brain seemed to stop working because of so much emotions.

"What are you doing here?" he put his gun down. He suddenly looked worried and restless.

"Where is he?" I finally managed to ask.

"Who?"

"Stephen" I uttered through gritted teeth. He was about to answer when someone arrived.

"What's happening here, bud? Who---" he stopped in mid-sentence when his eyes landed on me. His eyes widened instantly upon seeing me. I clearly saw the fear in his eyes. He looked passed me and when he probably saw that the door of the room behind me was open, a rush of different emotions ran though his eyes but fear was the one prevailing.

"Xuxu...." It was all what he could utter. His voice was shaking. The man next to him cleared his throat and then spoke.

"I'll just go downstairs" he said and then left. He looked familiar but I didn't care remembering about where I first met him because I wanted to interrogate Stephen right away.

No one between us dared to speak for about a minute or two. We were just staring into each other's eyes. Mine was asking for answers while his begging as if asking me to hear him out. He was the one who looked away first but he didn't voice out anything. He looked like vulnerable and in pain.

"W-What is the meaning of this. H-How come you two look alike?" even though my body was trembling with mixed emotions within me, I tried to toughen myself up.

"I...I'm sorry" my nails were almost digging in my palms because of clenching my fists tightly.

"Why are you saying sorry?" even though I already have an idea of what was going on, I wanted to hear everything from him directly because I wasn't sure who was who.

His face went pale as if he was afraid to talk. His lips parted as he tried to speak but nothing came out of his mouth. He was having the difficulty to explain. He couldn't even look at me in the eyes. I could see how guilty he was.