chapter 6

A/N: Hi. Sorry for the late update guys! I've just been so busy :) I hope you like this chapter :)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

STEPHEN's POV

I lit the cigarette that I was holding before I pull a little smoke into my mouth and then blew it away, trying to kill the boredom that I was feeling. I looked at my wristwatch and I almost groaned with annoyance when I saw that I still need to wait for another two hours. Sh*t! This is boring as f*ck!

I am one of the best agents in our organization and I've never accepted this kind of boring job before. If it wasn't because of a very important matter that I needed to do, I would never sign up for this. But the other reason that you accepted this boring job is because you heard that Kelly was the one whom you're going to protect!

I chuckled like a fool. Even my own brain was contradicting and taunting me. I shook my head and then I leaned my back against the big tree that was located not far from the school gate. I finished my other job earlier than I expected so I came back at the school right away.

My eyes carefully searched for my partner's location but I couldn't see where he was. He was the one who's in charge of guarding Kelly during my absence as I do my other responsibility. Hunter, my friend, asked me to supervise the kidnapping case of Mrs. Blake Angela Dixon, the wife of Enrique Dixon who happened to be Hunter's friend.

Hunter was the one who asked me to personally help with the case because he has a trust in me. He's one of the few people that believes in me even though he hates my guts sometimes.

I took my phone out and was about to call him when someone tapped my shoulder from the back.

My instinct automatically kicked-in. I quickly grabbed that person's hand and was about to turn around and twist his hand when he spoke right away.

"Hey, it's me, bud! No need to be violent" I let go off his hand and then faced him with a scowl.

"Don't sneak up on me like that. You know how I react to things" I reminded him. Cyrus shook his head while clucking his tongue.

"Chill, bud. We're not on a dangerous place just like our missions before. In fact, this assignment of us is very easy like a walk at the park" the corner of my lips twitched.

"Assignment of us? Are you kidding? You recommended yourself to be in this particular job. You even asked Mr. Knight to appoint you and switch places to the other guy who's supposed to be here. You're not supposed to be here in the first place, Cy" he laughed amusedly as he put something in his mouth. Then I realized that he has a lollipop in his mouth when I saw the white stick sticking out of his mouth. What the heck!

"Well, I am bored with my mission that Badger gave me so when I heard the news that you're actually babysitting, I realized that I had to see that for the sake of my own amusement especially that Kelly is the one that you're babysitting" he said after he removed the lollipop from his mouth.

"You look like a goddamn kid smooching on a lollipop like that" he laughed again as if he was enjoying seeing how annoyed I was of seeing him like that. Imagine a big and brusque guy like him with a lollipop in his mouth! It was pretty ridiculous!

"Don't mind the lollipop. You know very well how much I love this" I shook my head at him with disbelief. I was about to answer him when I caught a glimpse of Kelly walking with a guy. She looked happy while talking to that guy and didn't even realize that I was already gritting my teeth because of that unsightly sight.