chapter 33

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

STEPHEN's POV

The past

Upon opening the door, I heard a loud noise that came from upstairs followed by a scream, then another loud noise again. I got worried and ran upstairs. The loud noise was coming from one particular room. It was my brother's.

I opened the door without knocking and the messy room that was full of broken things scattered on the floor came into my view. He was standing at the center of the room while breathing hard.

"What's happening to you?! What did you have to break all these stuff?" I couldn't help but to raise my voice. I knew that he'd been frustrated these past few months because he was just staying inside the house. I didn't allow him to go out because I knew that he was being chased after by the people who wanted to kill him.

"I can't take this anymore. I will surely go insane if I'd stay here inside the house for another day!" he roared. I could see that he was having a hard time controlling himself not to explode. He raked his fingers through his hair.

He really looked different now compared to the first time that I saw him after a very long time. We just got reunited just three months ago after 18 years. Yes, we didn't grow up together because when we were both 7 years old, he got kidnapped.

I could still remember that day, same as the day that my parents died. Our parents were on their way home from work while me and Syril just came home from school. We were together with our nanny. It was already 5:30 pm but they hadn't arrived yet but we assumed that they must have went to buy us the surprise that they promised us because we got high scores in our exams yesterday.

We were so excited while waiting for them. Then our nanny made us a snack while waiting. We were so happy eating our snacks while playing our robot toys when a group of armed men wearing full face masks barged inside our house.

They asked us where our parents were. They pointed their guns at us while. We told them that we didn't know but they didn't believe us just like that. We were already crying in fear.

They searched throughout the house but when they didn't find our parents, they forcefully took one of us and that was Syril.

I kept on begging them not to take him away but they didn't listen to my pleas. I didn't know what to do that time. I was just a kid. The household helpers contacted the police right away when those men left while I on the other hand tried to call my parents but they weren't answering.

The police responded and came into our house right away. They took our statements as they deployed other policemen to search for my brother.

We kept on trying to contact my parents but it was the same. They weren't answering.

I thought they were just busy but then another group of policemen came into our house and then told us the bad news. Apparently, my parents got into an accident and they were dead on the spot. My young mind back then was so shock and didn't know what to do. I couldn't accept the fact that I was left alone. My entire family was gone.

My brother got kidnapped while my parents died. It was a nightmare. I couldn't do anything other than to scream and cry.

Even though I was young back then, everything happened got etched inside my head clearly.

Since that day, my life changed. A relative took me in but after a couple of months, he passed me to another one of our relatives. I got passed on from a relative to another relative.