chapter 26

A/N: Hi guys! I'll upload the first chapter of L'amour Fou(TB&TP Series 2) later or maybe tonight so stay tuned!

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

STEPHEN's POV

Freddy, one of our comrades dropped us around 200 meters away from our target. I looked around us. The street was already empty and quiet and it was to our advantage.

"I'll go on ahead. Make sure to follow the order and not do anything stupid" he said when we opened the door of the wrangler jeep to get out.

"Just get out of here quickly before someone notice you" Cyrus answered, obviously annoyed of Freddy's tone. He tsked and then drove off without saying anything.

"Are you sure about this information?" I asked Cyrus the moment we're left alone. He shrugged his shoulders.

"That's what the intelligence report that boss received that's why he wanted us to confirm about the authenticity of it. Remember not to do anything stupid. We're just here to confirm about our suspicion and get something useful from them" I gritted my teeth and didn't respond. My mind was already thinking of thousand ways to kill whoever in that building that would be on my way.

"I know what you're thinking, T, and I'm telling you not to do it. Remember that we're here for our mission not for your personal vendetta"

"I know what I'm doing, Cy. You don't have to remind me about it" I answered through gritted teeth.

"That's good then. C'mon, let's go and finish this quickly" We began walking towards the target but our senses we're alive and ready to any danger around us. When we reached the Harrison Avenue, our movements became extra careful and calculated.

We became like a shadows in the dark, making sure that no one would notice our presence in that area.

Then it began pouring. I heard Cyrus clucked his tongue.

"This is what I don't like during missions" he muttered in a controlled tone as we try to avoid any street lights and cameras around. We tried to move as precise and quiet as possible so that we wouldn't get lured to any possible trap that was awaiting us.

"This will be our advantage. It's more difficult for them to detect our presence here now that it's raining" I answered in a low voice. I could already see the building.

The Black Jackals' hidden headquarters was in there and it was our target. Badger, our boss, received an intel that the boss of the TBJ had been keeping some secrets from the government that's why they're suspicious about them now.

They wanted us to find any solid evidence but I knew to myself that I joined this mission because of another purpose.

Cyrus and I were planning to infiltrate TBJ a almost three months ago but we held back our plan because we didn't want Badger to know about our hidden mission against the TBJ.

But now that he was the one who gave the order for us to infiltrate their headquarters, I would use this as an opportunity to do my thing.

I signaled Cyrus to go on ahead of me so that in case that they already knew our presence, I could attack from the dark, behind him. I hid myself behind the big tree near the building. We chose to infiltrate it from the back instead of the front part.

So far, we didn't see any guard or person around the place.

Cyrus nodded his head and then proceeded with our plan. I was holding my breath the whole time as my grip on the gun that I was holding tightened.