chapter 42

A/N: This story is about to end guys. 100 comments again so that i'll upload the epilogue on Friday:)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯

STEPHEN TYLER's POV

I couldn't control the tears that fell from my eyes when I finally laid my eyes on my little princess. This was my first time seeing her in person and my heart was swelling with so much love and happiness.

She was sleeping peacefully in her crib. I crouched down and gently took her hand and touched it. Her little hand was too small compared to mine and it felt so fragile and precious. To my surprise, she stirred and opened her hand. I was expecting for her to wake up but she held onto my thumb in her sleep. An emotional smile occurred my lips.

She looked so small yet so cute while sleeping. I could totally see my resemblance to her and it added to the happiness that I was feeling. I felt so proud because my daughter was so cute and healthy. The precious feeling was unexplainable. I couldn't hold back my tears of joy. They continuously fell. It was a special kind of feeling.

I didn't know that I could feel this kind of happiness before. Yes, I felt so happy when I first saw her on skype but that happiness wasn't complete because sadness, longingness accompanied by frustration and guilt that were eating my entire system back then. I so wanted to be with Kelly and our daughter during that important event in our lives, when she gave birth, but I didn't have the chance to do so.

Now, I'm finally here in front of her and the feeling was so special. My heart was swelling with so much joy.

"She looks like me" I said in a voice a little bit above whisper while still touching her hand.

"Yes, honey. She looks a lot like you" Kelly agreed with a smile. I gently kissed our daughter's forehead before I stood up straight, letting go of her hand in the process even though I didn't want to.

"I badly want to hold her in my arms but it can wait. I don't want to disturb her sleep" I felt Kelly hug me from the side and then planted a kiss on my shoulder.

"She's a little bit of a cry baby when her sleep gets interrupted but when I hold her in my arms, she stops crying" her voice was full of motherly love while saying that with a smile. I wrapped my arm around her waist and then kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry for all those times that I wasn't around, xuxu, especially when you gave birth to Stephanie Jane. You don't know how much I've been regretting that I couldn't make it home. I've been longing to see the both of you for the longest time and it was so hard not to blame myself because of my carelessness" I voiced out with a guilty voice. I wanted to kick myself because I wasn't there for her during those times that she needed my support the most.

Thankfully, her family was there for her and didn't leave her alone. They assisted her until she finally gave birth.

Her father was so mad at me because I couldn't come home for their daughter. I received a tongue-lashing from him the last time he spoke to me on the phone. They wanted me to come home to Kelly when they discovered that she was pregnant but the condition of Syril that time was still not good.

Much as I wanted to go home for the meantime for Kelly, Joaquin and his father asked me to stay because they couldn't just perform anything to Syril without the consent of a relative.

They said that my support and presence as a brother might help Syril to recover. During that time, Syril looked hopeless. He was just lying on the bed like a lifeless person, staring into nothingness and couldn't even utter a single word.