chapter 7

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry again for the late update. I don't know but i can't concentrate on writing this story because my mind is full of OTWH for now. Don't worry, i'll concentrate on this story after i finish OTWH. Hope you understand :)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

KELLY's POV

"What are you doing here? I already told you yesterday that I don't need you following me around today" I said with annoyance upon seeing Stephen who was standing in front of my door. I was surprised to see him when I opened the door because I already informed yesterday that I would just be staying inside my place the whole day today. I lied because I knew that he would come and do his job but it looks like he didn't believed me because he was here.

I tried to act like I wasn't surprise seeing at the doorway and acted naturally.

I really don't need him today because I needed to go to our headquarters. Sh*t! I need to do something for him to get lost!

"Did you really think that you could fool me by lying to me? You should think again, xuxu. You can't escape from me just like that" he answered as one corner of his lips lifted. I rolled my eyes upon hearing him say that word again.

I tried searching what was the meaning of that word and I found out that it was actually a Brazilian term of endearment. I didn't know why he was calling me that when he never called me that endearment before.

"But I won't be going out today" I tried my best to sound as normal as possible. I even made the expression that I was bored talking to him in order for him to believe me but amusement filled his eyes as he gave me an 'are you serious look'. He raked me a stare from head to toe and I suddenly felt self-conscious.

I didn't wear make-up but I pat a powder on my face and put lip gloss on my lips because I hate dry lips. I was wearing an off shoulder red crop top and ripped jeans. I matched it with wedge sandals. I was even wearing my sunglasses.

"Really? Then where are you going then? I didn't know that you dress like that when you're at home" he said sarcastically and raked my body a stare again. I wanted to poke his eyeballs because it was obvious that he was mocking me. My lips thinned.

"So what if I dress like this at home? What's in it to you anyway?"

"So you're going to stand there and insist that you're not going out today, huh? Are you taking me for a fool, Kelly? It's very obvious that you're going somewhere just by looking at your outfit" his forehead crinkled while saying that. Now, I really regret that I wore this kind of outfit.

I was having a second thought of dressing up like this but I really wanted to wear them because it's been a while since I wore something like this. Outfits like them aren't allowed at my school because they're too revealing. Well, that's according to them but for me, they're very normal clothes. Like seriously? It's already 2018 for goodness' sake! Clothes like these are normal as normal as people kissing on the streets of Paris!

I decided to put my mission clothes inside my bag instead of wearing it. Now, I regret doing it. I should've woken up earlier in order to escape from Stephen. Argh! He's so annoying! Why does he have to be so sharp in everything?

"I'm just going to buy something to eat just across the street. I don't see any reason for you to come with me because I'll be coming back right away after I buy my food" I even gave him a sweet smile while saying that in hope that he would believe me.

"Really? It's okay, I don't have anything to do until this afternoon so it's better for me to come with you and accompany you. Don't worry, I'll act as if I'm just your shadow" I groaned inwardly with frustration! Why does he have to be persistent?!