chapter 12

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been quite busy lately. Anyway, i hope you like this chapter:) Happy weekend! 

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

STEPHEN's POV

"I thought you were not going to that party?" Cyrus asked while staring at me with his eyebrows creased. He has a canned beer in his hand while sitting on the couch, watching a horror movie.

"Kelly is going so I am going to attend as well. As her bodyguard, I am obligated to go whether I like it or not" I answered him while applying gel on my hair. I saw him chuckle from my peripheral vision while shaking his head.

"Really? Obligated, huh? In my a*s" he said and then laughed out loud like he was very amused or something. I shook my head and decided to just ignore him. When I finished what I was doing, I looked at myself in the mirror.

I mentally shook my head upon seeing my get-up. It's been a while since I wore such kind of clothes. I hated wearing formal clothes actually. Even though there were important occasions that I needed to attend to because of my job, I always refused to wear formal clothes because for a reason.

Now, I couldn't help myself but to remember old memories again because of seeing myself like that. I already buried those memories at the back of my head but now, they're resurfacing again...

"Papa, you look great in that suit" I complimented my father while he was fixing his suit.

"Of course, meu filho. You're mother chose this suit for me" he answered as he ruffled my hair affectionately. I smiled at him. I was about to say something again when the door of the room opened.

"Are you guys ready?" my mother asked as she entered the room. As usual, she looked so beautiful. She looked so elegant in her gown.

"Mama, you're so beautiful" I complimented her.

"Aw. You're such a sweetheart, meu filho. Obrigado. You and your brother are really the same. You both are so sweet. Your papa and I are so lucky to have you both" my mother leaned down to level our heights and then kissed my forehead. Happiness filled my young heart. My brother and I were so lucky to have them as our parents...

"T, are you even listening to me?" the voice of Cyrus pulled me out of my reverie. I blinked for a couple of times and then looked at him. He was already standing beside me and I didn't even notice when he approached me.

"What were you saying?" I asked and then gulped inaudibly. I suddenly felt my heart tighten because of remembering that special memory. That night was the last time my brother and I saw our parents. A pained smile broke across my lips as I gritted my teeth.

"I said, do you want me to come with you so that I could help you into guarding Kelly"

"Maybe that's a good idea but just make sure to just watch from afar" I instructed and I saw him nodded his head without saying anything. He was staring at me intently which made my eyebrows crease.

"Why are you staring at me like that? You look like an idiot" he shrugged his shoulders while chuckling.

"Nothing, really" he answered and then went back to sitting on the couch.

"Go. Kelly must be waiting for you in her suite. I'll just catch up with you guys later" he continued. He brought his outfit but he haven't wore it yet. He appeared like he didn't care about the party but when I told him that I would be going, the look on his face told me that he was planning to go as well. Knowing him, he was worried that something might happen there.