chapter 22

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

STEPHEN's POV

I clenched my fists as I tilted my head up in order to stop the tears from falling from my eyes. It has been 3 months since I last came here but the feeling was still the same just like before. The pain, anguish, guilt and rage were all boiling together inside of me and everytime I come here, I felt like those emotions were like a lava that was threatening to explode inside of me any moment.

I slowly looked down and stared at him. I smiled painfully.

"I'm sorry. I-I know that I promised you....but I lost it. I c-couldn't restrain myself anymore" I said full of guilt. I couldn't control my tears from falling anymore. They fell stubbornly no matter how much I tried to hold them back.

I could say that I was the kind of guy who's tough and could easily hide his feelings from everyone but when it comes to my loved ones, I easily melt. They're my weakness and even if I would sacrifice my own happiness just to make them happy then I would do it.

I already did it once. It was so hard to just step aside and give way but I had to do it.

"Even though I failed to do my first promise, I will make sure that I will do everything in my power to fulfill the second one. I'll make sure to make them pay. I already found them but I have to be careful. Rest assured because I will succeed on this one" I said determinedly when I finally gathered my emotions together.

I stared at him for a few seconds. Then her beautiful face popped up on my head. I swallowed hard and then squeezed my eyes shut.

"Please forgive me" I mumbled as if he could hear me.

I couldn't stop feeling like I didn't have any right of seeing him anymore after what I've done. I felt like I was a traitor.

I remained in that room for another 10 minutes more before I went out.

"Are you sure of what you're doing, T?" It was Joaquin. He was standing against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest. As usual, he was wearing his white uniform and his emotionless face. But knowing him, he was worried.

"I know what I'm doing" I answered.

"I know that I've been telling you to do what you think is right but now that you and Kelly are finally together, I can't help but to get worried of what might happen in the future" our eyes met. The way he was staring at me was obvious. I understood what he meant right away. I sighed.

"I used to think that way but you were the one who kept on telling me to follow my heart. You told me that no one would hold it against me if I'd try to be happy too but now that I finally did it, you're changing your mind and thinking of the consequences" I couldn't help but to sound sarcastic.

"I know but I can't help it. I was the one who pushed you away to do it because I knew that you have all the right in the world to do what you couldn't do in the past. But now that you're happy and everything is beginning to get better for you, I can't help but to think about the possibility. What if he wak---"

"How's he?" I interrupted him. He remained silent for a couple of seconds before he sighed. He eyed the white door behind me.

"I'm sorry but it's still the same" I clenched my hands into tight fists.

"Do you think there's still any p-possibility for him to recover?" I had the hard time uttering that question. My tongue felt like it stiffened but I had to ask it. It has been three years but this was the second time that I would ask that question again.