chapter 17

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

KELLY's POV

I woke up early to go for a jogging at the beach. To my surprise, I didn't see Stephen coming out of his room or watching at the living room when I went out of my room. Maybe he's still sleeping, I thought. I sighed when I suddenly remembered what happened last night.

I couldn't believe that we could be together like that without arguing about something like we usually did ever since we got reunited again.

Yes, I already made up my mind to carefully execute my plan and it was a success. He agreed to the truce that I offered. Now, it's my turn to use this chance.

But then, I didn't expect what happened. It wasn't one of my plans but I really enjoyed his company last night when we were at the living room and playing cards.

I forgot about how much resentment I had for him. I never thought that I could act like that again in front of him after all the pain that he made me feel in the past.

Now that I think about it, I totally forgot about the past these past week. Yes, we kept on arguing and I usually got pissed off at him about those silly arguments but that's all about to it. Well, my mind was pre-occupied about my mission too.

I was about to get out of the house when I noticed something on top of the coffee table. It was the first aid kit that I used on him last night.

When he went out of the house to answer his phone, I stealthily followed him...

"Maybe we shouldn't discuss this on the phone. Someone might intercept our conversation" my eyebrows creased when I heard him say that. My heart suddenly started beating faster.

"Alright. Tell me the information that you found out then" what? He's investigating someone? Who?

I continued eavesdropping as carefully as possible so that he wouldn't notice my presence nearby. I was holding my breath.

"Who is he?...Who are they...Do you know their real identities? What about their faces?....okay" there were a lot of things and suspicion that popped up on my mind upon hearing all that. Now, I really need to execute my plan as soon as possible in order to know the truth behind him.

I didn't know what he was planning but I need to figure that out before it's too late.

"Damn it! F*ck! F*ck!" I was pulled out of my deep thoughts when I heard Stephen's voice. My eyes widened when I realized what he was doing. He was uncaringly and furiously hitting the tree with his bare hands!

I got worried all of a sudden and got out of my hiding place to stop him. I tried my best to stop him because I saw that his knuckles were already bleeding. When he barked at me thunderously, I almost lost the courage that I had but the brave me got the best of me. I didn't let him intimidate me. I pulled his hand and brought him back inside the house.

"Why do you need to do that? If you have a problem, you can tell me. I'm here to listen" I uttered while I was cleaning his wounds. I felt his gaze on me.

"I'm fine. I don't have any problem" irritation suddenly filled me and because of that, my hand which I was using to clean his bloody hand, pressed the cotton ball harder on his wound and it made him groan in pain.

"Hey, you deliberately did that!" I raised my face and glared at him.

"I am not stupid you know. You won't hurt yourself like this if you don't have any problem" our gaze locked and nobody dared to look away for a couple of seconds.